• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sands

What crown do I need?

Hi, can anyone tell me where I can find a crown to fit the watch in the pics below?

Thanks in advance.

06F74866-3839-4C98-BCD0-EC49F62E27A975DD4DCE-9903-41D8-AC5F-ED56B9988C1F0557EEFE-A6CC-493E-835F-3BDDCFEC71A5D576CC34-8377-4F16-B213-9AC3BAB942D975DD4DCE-9903-41D8-AC5F-ED56B9988C1F

that's an old one.  i think you need a stem and a crown?    vin

• Like 1

If anyone could advise what crown and stem I need or point me in the right direction so I can order one and hopefully get it working. I have polished the glass and purchased a strap as below.

A074B5B4-E694-4E2B-ACBB-A4873FBE9CF001D2E4CB-0A85-440C-96B6-54B7FD159F96

good job cleaning the watch up !    i find those old parts hard to find - usually buy a parts watch.   contact one of our experts.  cheers  vin

• Like 1

Have seen bunch similar looking watches in local watchmakers bag. Chances of finding an original, genuine used crown exist. I presume gold plated.

Like simon says, pendent tube diameter, length of tube sticking out of the case and stem diameter and picture. 

Movement caliber?

On 09/08/2019 at 21:32, simon2 said:

Do you have the stem, and what is the diameter of the side pendant?

Thanks for the reply. I don’t have the stem. The measurement of the pendant is 3mm inside width. It has a thread inside it.  Also 3mm depth.

On 10/08/2019 at 07:33, Nucejoe said:

Have seen bunch similar looking watches in local watchmakers bag. Chances of finding an original, genuine used crown exist. I presume gold plated.

Like simon says, pendent tube diameter, length of tube sticking out of the case and stem diameter and picture. 

Movement caliber?

I don’t mind if the crown isn’t original. Would be nice if was an original. I would rather see if the watch works before looking for original parts. If I can source a crown and stem first and go from there. As I’m totally new to watches I was looking at stems thinking they were too long not realising that they can be cut to length. I will start by buying a box of mixed stems and find a crown to fit .

Thanks for the reply

You could waste a lot of money, on assortments. Take the dial off and lets have a picture, to ID the movement. Spend no money, yet.

38 minutes ago, simon2 said:

You could waste a lot of money, on assortments. Take the dial off and lets have a picture, to ID the movement. Spend no money, yet.

His Simon, what’s the best way to remove the dial? I’m assuming the hands need to be removed, do they just lift off?

I’m new to this so no too sure

buying a " a  stem assortment "  might be an interesting project - a chance of one in 1,000 there will be the right one in there.!  who else has tried that?   vin

Hi Sands. A chat over the phone maybe easier Email me your phone number and I will phone you. To get you sorted. My 

Email address is

essexclockandwatch@ hotmail.com

regards Simon.

On 11/08/2019 at 14:37, Sands said:

Thanks for the reply. I don’t have the stem. The measurement of the pendant is 3mm inside width. It has a thread inside it.  Also 3mm depth.

I don’t mind if the crown isn’t original. Would be nice if was an original. I would rather see if the watch works before looking for original parts. If I can source a crown and stem first and go from there. As I’m totally new to watches I was looking at stems thinking they were too long not realising that they can be cut to length. I will start by buying a box of mixed stems and find a crown to fit .

Thanks for the reply

You don,t neccessarily have to wind through winding stem, a lot of movements can be wound through the ratchet wheel. 

3 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

You don,t neccessarily have to wind through winding stem, a lot of movements can be wound through the ratchet wheel. 

how do you plan to turn the ratchet wheel?   vin