• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
CB200

Pocket Watch 2 of 2

Hi,

Here's the second installment. This watch is much prettier, and I know it was my Great Grandfathers. He emigrated to the States from Irelend sometime around 1890, where I assume he bought this watch (his initials are engraved on the front)

A big burly chap, apparently his party piece was lifting an anvil above his head with one arm in pubs for laughs/bets.

Then he had a stroke, and returned to Ireland. 

20190808-175102.jpg

20190808-175110.jpg

20190617-175233.jpg

20190617-175141.jpg

• Like 2

A lovely watch and thanks for showing it. Like A2orry, I love the dial and hands, and also the engraving on the case. I just wonder why the top two photographs indicate that the watch is a silver colour while the photos showing the watch open reveal that the watch is gold plated/rolled gold - is it an illusion?:)

Hi,

I can see what you mean! The external pics were older, and taken in different light (and a different phone thinking about it)

Here's another pic I've just taken. The case is definitely more gold than silver, but still much more coppery gold than the very yellow (brass?) internal part:

20190812-181529.jpg

Thanks ofor the comments, it's a lovely piece to own.

It gains roughly one minute per day with the adkustor in that central position. A full wind lasts around 36 hours