• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
hartley353

Silk purse fro a sows ear.

This watch came to me salt water damaged. Only stubbornness made me have a go at restoring it. The bezel and case back where frozen to the case, and took a couple of hours to free off.. The movement refused to work with a new battery luckily I had a spare Myota OS60 in my parts box.  Removing the blistering removed most of the coating from the brass case, but it came out of my silver plating tank looking not perfect but acceptable. During the restoration the rubber cap on the crown fell to pieces, I replaced it with two 4 mm O rings super glued on, then capped it with a rhinestone, Finally a new watch strap from the Watchgecko sale.. Quite a cheap job less than £20, but the watch is now fully functional and looks presentable.large.82999613_Headrestorationcomplete.JPG.885200141799cf32df4c125b6b08e395.JPG

• Like 3