• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Laughing gravy

Battery change question

I’m just trying to change the battery in a German Barbos watch.  The original is a “Renata 371”. The price range on amazon is quite large , basically I can pay the same for five new batteries for the cost of one at different suppliers.  Am I safe buying any Renata 371 or do I have to look at spec for a watch.

As you can see from my question I am clueless regarding this sort of stuff. 

if you get a "battery size wheel" to size the original,  then the required voltage should be listed on the old battery.  cheers.  vin

Are you local to me LG? I've got in my head you're in the North West?

Anyway don't buy a battery, I'll give you one. Cousins sell a pack of ten for about £3 (plus related postage) and I buy 100 at a time. I'll pop one in the post for you, or if you are around Bolton just come and get one.

Kev

P.S. the movement is probably going to be either a Miyota or (fingers crossed) a Ronda. The movement number will be stamped somewhere on it, worth just googling to find out which cell it takes.

P.P.S. If you do decide to just order some yourself, stick with Renata. They are one of the best battery brands out there.  Worth ordering a pack of 5 or 10 if you do a few battery swaps - 371, 377 and 364 are the three most common sizes so you'll likely use more in the future.

Edited by kevkojak
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kevkojak said:

Are you local to me LG? I've got in my head you're in the North West?

Anyway don't buy a battery, I'll give you one. Cousins sell a pack of ten for about £3 (plus related postage) and I buy 100 at a time. I'll pop one in the post for you, or if you are around Bolton just come and get one.

Kev

P.S. the movement is probably going to be either a Miyota or (fingers crossed) a Ronda. The movement number will be stamped somewhere on it, worth just googling to find out which cell it takes.

P.P.S. If you do decide to just order some yourself, stick with Renata. They are one of the best battery brands out there.  Worth ordering a pack of 5 or 10 if you do a few battery swaps - 371, 377 and 364 are the three most common sizes so you'll likely use more in the future.

Kev. Thanks very much for you kind offer but I’m twenty miles away.

I’ve had the backs off a couple today so ill  order a few different sizes, which I’ll take off the old ones.  Easy to buy a few off amazon I didn’t know if I could cause any damage by putting a crap one in.   Ie pound shop specials.  

Again thanks very much for the assistance

ps amazon do five Renata for less than two quid delivered. Problem solved 

Edited by Laughing gravy
Update
  • Like 2