• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Juan1234

White gold Rolex Daytona vs ap Royal Oak offshore titanium

Hi, am struggling to choose the ap roo titanium or the Rolex Daytona white gold with red bits, maybe here can help me decides which one looks better and will last longer, keep in mine I already have the Daytona ss panda, and the new Daytona white gold with oysterflex, I was going to buy the ap but I just saw that Daytona preowned and I can get it out of my head it looks fabolous but the ap do as wellP1180587.jpgAP26405CE_Frontal_View.png

Love the Royal Oak, but like Gerald Genta I hate the offshore.  Too big and the one you have chosen doesn't have the bracelet, which is at least half a RO to me.

And do you need three Daytonas?  Why not get the technically superior Zenith el Primero?

(retreats to bunker!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, scottswatches said:

Why not get the technically superior Zenith el Primero?

I was about to type the very same thing .... A few decades ago , the Daytona waiting list nonsense was created because Zenith were supplying Rolex with the Chronograph movements and had to restrict supply because they has to fulfil their own orders obviously.... To this day Zenith have one up on Rolex with regards this game. 

I could not agree more with @scottswatches .... One Daytona should be enough , try a Zenith ..... 

but if I had to choose from the two above ,,, the 2nd watch looks like it would only look at home on Judge Dredd ... the Daytona is kinda funky and a bit kids-watch .. so I would go Rolex.

• Thanks 1

Out of those two I would go for the AP on looks. I do not like the numbers on the Rolex dial and not a fan of the bezel especially as it would never get used. However, you will be wearing the watch and you are the only one who can decide which looks better on your wrist. As far as which one will last longer I would say that with regular servicing both would outlive you and probably your heirs as well.

I have to agree with the idea of looking at the Zeniths as I have two with the El Primo movement or to be more accurate I have one and my son now has the black one.

large.DSCF04781.JPG.5fe037218e85a25c272944072838f13c.JPGlarge.DSCF04861.JPG.74003d7b964ffd641d35cabd576308c3.JPG

• Like 1

The Daytona is the one Rolex that despite lusting after one when I tried one on and was in a position to buy I was a bit underwhelmed and didn't. 

:huh:

That being said those hex head screws with the slots on the AP would drive me too distraction. No need and not even from engineering point of view required. 

So the Daytona but only if it was a white dialled one. 

:biggrin:

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

The Daytona is the one Rolex that despite lusting after one when I tried one on and was in a position to buy I was a bit underwhelmed and didn't. 

:huh:

That being said those hex head screws with the slots on the AP would drive me too distraction. No need and not even from engineering point of view required. 

So the Daytona but only if it was a white dialled one. 

:biggrin:

Could not agree more ... Thought I wanted one , tried one I didn't. Saw some fireplace salesman yesterday wearing a white faced one and agree complete , its stunning.... [ But made me thing , do I really want this guy to price up my new fireplace ] !?!?

Edited by JonnyOldBoy

12 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

The Daytona is the one Rolex that despite lusting after one when I tried one on and was in a position to buy I was a bit underwhelmed

my ceramic felt like that got shut of it. 

sorry not a fan of either so cant help much, the only Daytona I would have is the one you already have ( panda), an any AP would need a bracelet on for me.

still nice position to be in , go with your heart not your head :biggrin:

deano

Ah, I face this type of decision every day so I know how you feel :laughing2dw:

Neither of them really floats my boat so seeing as you already have two Daytonas (and who on this forum doesn't :whistle:), I would go for the Judge Dredd watch.

• Haha 5

You appear to be quite rich, so in your position I'd buy them both in order to avoid regrets in the future should you come to realise you may have made the wrong decision.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Hi, am struggling to choose the ap roo titanium or the Rolex Daytona white gold with red bits, maybe here can help me decides which one looks better and will last longer, keep in mine I already have the Daytona ss panda, and the new Daytona white gold with oysterflex, I was going to buy the ap but I just saw that Daytona preowned and I can get it out of my head it looks fabolous but the ap do as wellP1180587.jpgAP26405CE_Frontal_View.png

Both watches wear very differently. The Daytona wears small and the ROO wears quite large especially as the lugs don’t curve around the wrist.

If you already have a Daytona then I’d say go for the AP. But it’s not my money and I don’t know how well it’ll sit on your wrist.

Sounds like you already have the best (imo) modern Daytona so do you need three? Yes, probably as it would make a nice mini collection! Personally, I’m not a fan of that particular model and prefer the AP all day long – especially in that colour combo.

As to which one will last longer? Well I’d imagine that they’ll both be going strong well after you’ve popped your clogs!

What else do you have in your collection?

I'm not generally a fan of the Royal Oak, but surprisingly as soon as I saw the pictures, I hugely preferred the AP.

In my opinion, the ROO looks so much better without a bracelet, and those colours are great.