• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Jet Jetski

Do you remember the first time you ...

4 hours ago, Jonesinamillion said:

Your taste is sublime, almost every watch you've had up FS I've been thinking "now I really like that"!

Thanks, that's the nicest thing anyone's said to me in ages! 

9 hours ago, yokel said:

Only ever sold two watches, so, although I also have trouble remembering what I had for breakfast, I remember both occasions clearly.

I have the same problem with whatever it was was I was just thinking.  Nope, forgotten.  But if you recall the two disposal so clearly, they must have been traumatic.  Have you considered counseling? :laugh:

3 hours ago, Jet Jetski said:

My argument too!  People say why do you need so many watches? Well I know someone trying to visit every country in the world, and I'm like, what's wrong with Blighty?  Once you've seen one foreign country, you've seen them all.

Exactly.  All these millennials banging on about wanting experiences, not things.  Yeah, well when they're old and can't remember whether they washed that morning, let alone where they went on holiday 40 years ago, I'll still have my watch :yes::laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, longplay said:

He wasn't call Curt by any chance? The guy loves a Seiko diver

Nope ... His name was Mack ... and he lived just around the corner from "Life's a beach" surf shack bar and diner in Kihei.:beach:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RTM Boy said:

I'll still have my watch

I already get a (nice) surprise sometimes when I check the time sometimes and the watch on my wrist is not the one I am expecting! :laugh:

1 hour ago, Fitz666 said:

Never flipped a wtach yet, I buy them as I want them so they are all keepers to me.

I would say that's difficult if you have only ever seen it on the internet - I would have kept the one I flipped if it had had lume on the hour markers / indices.  I didn't realize the schoolboy error until it arrived.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jet Jetski said:

I already get a (nice) surprise sometimes when I check the time sometimes and the watch on my wrist is not the one I am expecting! :laugh:

Me too!  I sometimes remark "Ah, that's where I left it!"  I gets confusing when you look at your watch and there's nothing there at all because you forgot to put it on. :laugh:  I have actually done this many times :yes::mad0218::laugh:

• Haha 2