• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Guys

Updated the laptop , got the Internet deal with virgin sorted, got the free antivirus from virgin signed up.  Now all to consider is a VPN......err not clued up on those.  So went reading about them......the best is depending on which site is doing the review.

I know that are some clever compouter lads and lasses on the forum, so..

Which is the best?

Which is the best value per device?

What's the best source for getting one?

And

Any free ones worth having?

Hope you can help

George

It depends what you intend to do with it.  Most of the third-party VPN services you see advertised are just snake oil in my opinion.  If you want a VPN client to connect remotely back to your home network then one provided by your router manufacturer would likely be the best bet.

ive been using express VPN for a while now. its not free, but you get two devices with the cheapest option. i use it on my desktop and my phone.

rhaythorne...never heard of router manufacturer vpn so did a bit of reading about it.  As the virgin set up is going to be installed next week may be a bit early to start mucking around with it until I know it's working okay.

Watchmedic.... I take it geese are easy to install and will work with my android pad and Firestick? 

CyberGhost is my favorite. Free is fine, but you get kicked after 2 hours. I pay for it now £35 for the year, and I do a lot of downloading. Never had a problem bypassing ISP blocks etc or with speed.

I don’t trust Nord, last time I looked you need to pay for premium membership to get best speeds

And CyberGhost let’s you pit 5 devices on one account