UK Watch Forum banner

Contrast stitching?

3K views 25 replies 20 participants last post by  alan1219 
#1 ·
After the regrettable loss of my last strap in the microwave (as below) I have replaced what had been brown leather with blue. I like the colour, but am not so convinced by the contrast stitching. Half of me is tempted to get out the blue felt tip pen or navy shoe polish and make the stitching match, but the other half thinks I'll get used to it. What do you think about the contrast stitching?

IMG-20190818-1756377-3.jpg

http://xflive.thewatchforum.co.uk/index.php?/topic/138360-using-a-microwave-to-cure-a-smelly-leather-strap/&do=embed

See less See more
#5 ·
I think it looks odd and out of character with that watch.

My advice. Do not use felt tip pen (It will wick and stain the strap possibly ) , Do not use polish ( It may penetrate the stitches properly and will fade )

Personally I would get some clothes dye ( you may even get a free sample for that job ) and apply repeatedly with patience using a reduced cotton bud. About 3 or 4 applications , spaced a couple of hours apart. It will look tickety-boo afterwards and will be the strap that keeps on giving... :thumbsup:

#8 ·
I agree the stitching looks wrong on such a classy watch and my humble opinion is that a gloss finish strap, patterned or not, with no stitching apparent would suit the watch better. Mind you nobody ever said I had taste other than the bad variety.

#15 ·
For me the stitching draws the eye away from the stunning dial and adds nothing to the overall look..it would be a plain black strap for me so the dial gets all the attention... But :sign_wtf: do I know ….

Reactions: Francis Urquhart
#21 ·
strap looks fine imho, maybe use a shoe spray in future to kill off unpleasant odours? can't be any worse that a microwave.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.