• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Igerswis

WRUW - Monday 19 August 2019

Over to these for the evening......

ROLEX SUBMARINER 14060, cal. 3000, 27 Jewels (1997)

Rolex-Submariner-14060-cal-3.gif.08c133b9164c5eb9299c8909b1a60d8e.gif

& ALPHA, cal.ST-16, 21 Jewels

1186067155_Alphacal.ST-1621Jewels.gif.be0d458a9801f5c8b9cdb2324dbb3fbb.gif

:biggrin:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Been busy around the house and garden today but now time to relax with a G and T and my Daytona while the other half cooks dinner for a change. 

IMG_20190819_193049.jpg

• Like 5

6 hours ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

Time for a change...

OMEGA Railmaster, CO-AXIAL CHRONOMETER, cal.2403 27 Jewels & ALPHA, cal.ST-16(?) 21 Jewels.

1527534846_OMEGARailmasterCO-AXIALCHRONOMETERcal.240327JewelsALPHAcal.ST-16()21Jewels..gif.113a41e47c6d4fae4f469b2229408141.gif

makes you wonder why anyone would buy the alpha? ohhhh hang on £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

ive had the alpha

3 hours ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

Over to these for the evening......

ROLEX SUBMARINER 14060, cal. 3000, 27 Jewels (1997)

Rolex-Submariner-14060-cal-3.gif.08c133b9164c5eb9299c8909b1a60d8e.gif

& ALPHA, cal.ST-16, 21 Jewels

1186067155_Alphacal.ST-1621Jewels.gif.be0d458a9801f5c8b9cdb2324dbb3fbb.gif

as above. 

makes you wonder why anyone would buy the rolex, oh hang on. 

No cant think of a good reason apart from its waterproof. In case you get pi££ed and buy one...just in case...

Image result for drowning

like for eg @BondandBigM?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ong said:

Daytona

Handy if you need a bit of light reading too, no need to find a book!

22 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

makes you wonder why anyone would buy the alpha? ohhhh hang on £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

ive had the alpha

as above. 

I dunno, the metal of the one at the top definitely looks greyer and the one at the bottom looks silverer, so not the same really, like a farmer can recognise his cows I suppose.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nigelp said:

ive had the alpha

as above. 

No cant think of a good reason apart from its waterproof. In case you get pi££ed and buy one...just in case...

Image result for drowning

like for eg @BondandBigM?

Nigel...have you been on the Creme de Menthe again...?:whistle:

:laughing2dw:

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

I have a very simple reason for buying any watches regardless of their brand or price tag - because I like them :tongue:

I can identify with that sentiment absolutely.

Bankruptcy looms :whistle:

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Nigel...have you been on the Creme de Menthe again...?:whistle:

:laughing2dw:

no its just me rog, im terrible if a bit of boredom creeps in, i used to be a pain in the arse at work, i remember my dad once ringing up to speak to me and my boss answered the phone, my dad asked if he could speak to me and she said hes gone out for his dinner 'thank god':laugh:. Im just hard work. 

1 hour ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

I have a very simple reason for buying any watches regardless of their brand or price tag - because I like them :tongue:

i think its funny seeing them together because on pictures the rubbishy one looks as good as the expensive one and i know that riles @BondandBigM:laugh:

13 hours ago, Jet Jetski said:

I dunno, the metal of the one at the top definitely looks greyer and the one at the bottom looks silverer, so not the same really, like a farmer can recognise his cows I suppose.

i reckon if you covered up the names on the dials and he was colour blind then he wouldnt know which was which. 

14 hours ago, Jet Jetski said:

Why do they do that? It's a Rolex ffs, isn't that all you need to know?

Like asking a Rolls Royce salesman about horsepower. "It's adequate, sir."

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, yokel said:

I can identify with that sentiment absolutely.

Bankruptcy looms :whistle:

I don`t smoke, drink or gamble, my clothes are functional rather then fancy, I don`t change my cars until they are no longer viable to keep running, I don`t eat out as I live with the best cook I`ve ever known and  have no need to go away on holidays as I live in a particularly beautiful part of the world so adding the occasional new watch to my collection is no great hardship :tongue:

5 hours ago, Nigelp said:

no its just me rog, im terrible if a bit of boredom creeps in, i used to be a pain in the arse at work, i remember my dad once ringing up to speak to me and my boss answered the phone, my dad asked if he could speak to me and she said hes gone out for his dinner 'thank god':laugh:. Im just hard work. 

i think its funny seeing them together because on pictures the rubbishy one looks as good as the expensive one and i know that riles @BondandBigM:laugh:

Now then Nigel, don`t go putting words in my mouth :nono: :tongue:

21 hours ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

I don`t smoke, drink or gamble, my clothes are functional rather then fancy, I don`t change my cars until they are no longer viable to keep running, I don`t eat out as I live with the best cook I`ve ever known and  have no need to go away on holidays as I live in a particularly beautiful part of the world so adding the occasional new watch to my collection is no great hardship :tongue:

Unfortunately, Sir, I'm not as disciplined as you. Admittedly, I don't smoke or gamble  --  but, despite living with a very good cook I like to eat out. and, despite living in a beautiful corner of our country I like to go on a lot of holidays (in a nice car). Last holiday was to Glashütte; doubly financially painful :swoon: