• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Daveyboyz

Omega Pie Pan Constellation.

I was thinking maybe I need an omega pie pan dian in the collection but was rather dismayed to see what people are asking for them now. 

I am sure I remember a good steel one being £400 and gold ones being around £1000... Now the prices seem to be 3 times that. 

Has all the value gone?   Are there still good ones to be had? 

Does any one know what years they had the duodecagon crowns because I see many having rou d crowns and I wonder if they are original.  

Any thoughts on these watches?  Anyone have one in their collection? 

4 minutes ago, Daveyboyz said:

I was thinking maybe I need an omega pie pan dian in the collection but was rather dismayed to see what people are asking for them now. 

I am sure I remember a good steel one being £400 and gold ones being around £1000... Now the prices seem to be 3 times that. 

Has all the value gone?   Are there still good ones to be had? 

Does any one know what years they had the duodecagon crowns because I see many having rou d crowns and I wonder if they are original.  

Any thoughts on these watches?  Anyone have one in their collection? 

I know it sounds like you are after an older one , but now and then the new ones come up at 25% discount from certain ADs ... usually about once a year for a month or so. I tried one on in the spring and almost bought it .... amazing watch. Not knowledgeable about older ones but I am sure the comments will flow on this fabulous line of watches.... :thumbsup:

• Like 1

On ‎20‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 17:16, Daveyboyz said:

I've been lusting after one for a good few years but never seen a good steel one anywhere close to £400.  Even three times that seems to be a very competitive price. 

But they are beautiful, in limited supply,and a classic, so I suspect prices will tend only to increase (especially as the fashion for oversized watches seems to be waning). 

• Like 3

I own a vintage  CK2852 Constellation i bought mine from the original owner i bought as an impulse buy my head over my heart , although i am thinking of selling mine due to not having much wrist plus i have watches in my collection and to be honest not really fell for the Constellation scared to knocking it about here are some pictures of mine i guess what really made me buy mine is that it came complete with all the original paperwork and the condition 

IMG_4076 IMG_E4152 IMG_E4154 IMG_E4156 IMG_E4158 IMG_E4157

Edited by Slim2500
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slim2500 said:

I own a vintage  CK2852 Constellation i bought mine from the original owner i bought as an impulse buy my head over my heart , although i am thinking of selling mine due to not having much wrist plus i have watches in my collection and to be honest not really fell for the Constellation here are some pictures of mine i guess what made me buy mine is that it came complete with all the original paperwork and the condition 

IMG_E4152    

That is"the one". I've looked at so many of these. Last one advertised as "original and imacculate had a Tissot branded rotten strap with a gold buckle. Beautiful example @Slim2500.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Slim2500 said:

Wrench i would consider letting the watch go if you are interested drop me a PM if you like 

Thank you for the offer. I got so fed up of chasing one I gave up and bought something else I'd been after for a while. Perhaps an opportunity for @Daveyboyz ?

35 minutes ago, Slim2500 said:

I own a vintage  CK2852 Constellation i bought mine from the original owner i bought as an impulse buy my head over my heart , although i am thinking of selling mine due to not having much wrist plus i have watches in my collection and to be honest not really fell for the Constellation scared to knocking it about here are some pictures of mine i guess what really made me buy mine is that it came complete with all the original paperwork and the condition 

IMG_4076 IMG_E4152 IMG_E4154 IMG_E4156 IMG_E4158 IMG_E4157

Nasty photobucket means I can't see these images.  I'd recommend switching everything to flickr or hosting on this site

• Like 1

I would buy 10 such watches if they cost 270$ and wouldn't even do it to resell them. Very beautiful watch. The epitome of a vintage watch.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Slim2500 said:

:thumbsup: after converting the 1958 rate to today's rate of the Singapore dollar it works out to just over £1430 @scottswatches

there is a good historic conversation rate tool here

https://fxtop.com/en/historical-currency-converter.php?A=270&C1=SGD&C2=GBP&DD=29&MM=11&YYYY=1958&B=1&P=&I=1&btnOK=Go!

and that says the watch was £31.5 using the conversation rate in 1958

and the website I use for an inflation calculator is this one

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-1633409/Historic-inflation-calculator-value-money-changed-1900.html

£31.10s equates to £747

This also tells you that the Singapore Dollar has doubled in value against GBP since 1958

• Like 1

I think I am looking for a 60's model with batons and the obviously faceted dial,  leather and 18ct.   The prices I see makes that no value. 

The same in steel maybe a possibility but I don't think I can find one with a clean dial for the money I want to pay.   I see one of those for £1700 when I want to pay £1000ish.

Such a killer when the heart and the head pull in opposite ways. 

Edited by Daveyboyz

Very beautiful watches, I also noticed they have gone up in value recently. Revival of the vintage market.

• Like 2