Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Which one? help me on an all-round piece that's isn't a submariner


Recommended Posts

Hi, I'm trying to decide on a piece I can wear for everything. This is my first watch and at the age of 31 I am running out of reasons not to buy a watch for myself. I can't find a fiancé which comes with an engagement offering, or parents that will produce a graduation present. So I'm looking at either a more practical Bell & Ross BR02/BR03 Diver or a Blancpain FF (2200-6530-66) or a IWC. Any other suggestions welcome. All I know is I don't want something too recognisable . Would like something a bit different. The Blancpain FF with the black bezel is where I'm currently leaning, thanks in advance.

https://ibb.co/Ypw8nL3
https://ibb.co/T0G0X9g
https://ibb.co/8BYm5nP
https://ibb.co/mGbkqfC
https://ibb.co/7kYVg4g

A

 

D

E

E

Screenshot-2019-08-21-09-02-11-693-com-a
Screenshot-2019-08-20-18-39-02-503-com-a
Screenshot-2019-08-21-08-53-38-283-com-c
Screenshot-2019-08-20-18-40-48-225-com-a
Screenshot-2019-08-20-18-43-54-656-com-a
free online picture hosting

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Of the ones you listed, it would be the Blancpain for me.   Out of all the ones on the page the Omega Aqua Terra is the one I like best. 

You seem to be missing a photo of a seamaster.    As all around watches go I can't think of anything more versatile. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted Images

I would also be checking out Zenith watches and Breitling Premier Chrono series ....

Of the three above the B&R is in my opinion the best value of the three, but only just.

You say "wear for everything" but those watches would not suit formal like many other "all rounders" like the Omega Aquaterra for instance.

Also Bremont are worth a look to help solve your quest ... :thumbsup:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Retailing at £5200/(£3900 broker price).  If its a chrono all rounder then it would be the Premier for me in your position.

Retailing at £4300/(£3200 bp ). If its a non-chrono all rounder then it would be the AT for me.

breitling-premier-42mm-black-dial-automatic-chronograph-watch-p11439-28397_image.jpg.png

omega-seamaster-aqua-terra-41mm-black-dial-mens-automatic-bracelet-watch-p9546-17118_image.jpg.png

Liking the seamaster, thank you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WRENCH said:

Whats this image hosting link for ?

 

 

Sorry yes still getting the hang of bbcode

29 minutes ago, MSC said:

Go to see some live in person if you have not already, watches always look different in your hand that a photo.

You will probably buy something completely different on the day lol....

 

 

I bet. I'm in Cardiff, Wales. No idea where I can see a Blancpain. Hopefully not too far away. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Citi3enkane said:
4 hours ago, MSC said:

 

I bet. I'm in Cardiff, Wales. No idea where I can see a Blancpain. Hopefully not too far away. 

Cardiff to London train 2 hours 16. Not that bad really.

Most people where I live travel by car to Carmarthen and then train to Cardiff

total 2 hours 30, I know plenty of people further away who do 3 hour trip to Cardiff some weekends.

Mind you there is nothing to do where we are so we really want to go somewhere that actually has a ice rink and decent cinema and bowling ally etc....

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Citi3enkane said:

 

I'm in Cardiff, Wales. No idea where I can see a Blancpain. Hopefully not too far away. 

Here...

Watches of Switzerland, 24 St Davids Way, St Davids Centre, Cardiff, CF10 2DP.

Just drop them a line before you go.  Also, be prepared for security to only allow access into the premises.

:thumbsup:

Link to post
Share on other sites

My top-of-the-head thoughts;

  • Bell & Ross - No, unless you like to stand at street corners setting fire the bundles of £50 notes.
  • Breitling - No, too much for what they are, too flashy, too A.U.D.I.
  • Omega - Yes, if you can keep it out of sight anytime you're out in crowded places, which makes telling the time a bit tricky.
  • Blancpain - Yes, but not that model - I mean the date's at 45 degrees at 4:30 - no, no, and thrice no.
  • IWC - Yes, but not that model, I'd look at one of the the Aquatimer Auto models;

1636678.jpeg.transform.buying-options_watch_1000.jpeg

Also just to throw it out there you could also consider a Chopard Mille Miglia GTS;

168565-3001_1_1.jpg

And as others have said, please have a good, careful look at them in the metal and call the AD in advance.  And haggle for a discount.

Laing the Jewellers, The Hayes, Cardiff, CF10 1GA - Tel: 029 2066 0890 - are Autorised Dealer (ADs) for both IWC and Chopard.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RTM Boy said:

 

  • Breitling - No, too much for what they are, too flashy, too A.U.D.I.

Contradiction there... AUDI is boring like the new Breitling Colt and the new Breitling Superocean. But the "flashy" new Premier Chronographs are the opposite of "Audi" surely !? and yes too much for what they are RRP , but at around 25% discount , pretty spot on ... I would suggest .... :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, RTM Boy said:

Also just to throw it out there you could also consider a Chopard Mille Miglia GTS;

Brilliant shout , but surely ditch the Pirelli strap and put on something more sophisticated...

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, RTM Boy said:

My top-of-the-head thoughts;

  • Bell & Ross - No, unless you like to stand at street corners setting fire the bundles of £50 notes.
  • Breitling - No, too much for what they are, too flashy, too A.U.D.I.
  • Omega - Yes, if you can keep it out of sight anytime you're out in crowded places, which makes telling the time a bit tricky.
  • Blancpain - Yes, but not that model - I mean the date's at 45 degrees at 4:30 - no, no, and thrice no.
  • IWC - Yes, but not that model, I'd look at one of the the Aquatimer Auto models;

1636678.jpeg.transform.buying-options_watch_1000.jpeg

Also just to throw it out there you could also consider a Chopard Mille Miglia GTS;

168565-3001_1_1.jpg

And as others have said, please have a good, careful look at them in the metal and call the AD in advance.  And haggle for a discount.

Laing the Jewellers, The Hayes, Cardiff, CF10 1GA - Tel: 029 2066 0890 - are Autorised Dealer (ADs) for both IWC and Chopard.

I don't quite find 45 degrees as offensive, lol. Design wise I often think symmetry is not nessescary and is used when a designer/artist has a lack of information/imagination or purposefulness about thier subject. Of course there are exceptions, but as a general rule. 

Really appreciate the iwc and chopard thank you! And the jewellers! 

4 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

All rounder - under the oceans or over the moon.  Vostok all the way.

9eec57952f4fece830dc0575d9df5338.thumb.jpg.ec6fc895bc62eb965400f39e2e8c565c.jpg

Cool. 

On 21/08/2019 at 15:28, Karrusel said:

Here...

Watches of Switzerland, 24 St Davids Way, St Davids Centre, Cardiff, CF10 2DP.

Just drop them a line before you go.  Also, be prepared for security to only allow access into the premises.

:thumbsup:

Amazing thanks will check them out

On 21/08/2019 at 15:28, Karrusel said:

 

 

19 hours ago, Speedy112 said:

e44f81130ff544b6e7a8906bf81e9c6a.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loving these proportions. Bezel/lug/dial ratios. Perfect.

Thanks @everyone appreciate the input keep it coming!

Is box and papers a must? Almost all the ones I'm looking at on chron24 don't have any/both.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...