• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
richy176

50 Year Warranty including Services

Had an email today from Zenith regarding their 50th anniversary (of the El Primero movement) models. They have the A384 revival at £6700 and three models of the A386 revival at £17400 but these ones have a 50 year international warranty and include services during the 50 years. Good little marketing gimmick.

Zenith El Primero A384 Revival watch

17640733_1_640.jpg

• Like 1

Sounds like you pay a hefty insurance premium against service and warranty costs up front. 

• Like 3

I`m guessing this means you will be refused if any signs of damage from use are found under inspection and possibly have to pay in full for their partial service every 2 years with an authorised service centre to qualify for a free 5 year full service under the warranty.

I could be wrong but I would not be surprised.

Your watch has not been subjected to any improper handling and has been worn in accordance with Zenith’s recommendations on normal use and maintenance.

25 minutes ago, MSC said:

I`m guessing this means you will be refused if any signs of damage from use are found under inspection and possibly have to pay in full for their partial service every 2 years with an authorised service centre to qualify for a free 5 year full service under the warranty.

I could be wrong but I would not be surprised.

Your watch has not been subjected to any improper handling and has been worn in accordance with Zenith’s recommendations on normal use and maintenance.

Their website says it includes normal wear and tear except for leather straps but does exclude damage caused from not having the watch checked every 2-3 year for water resistance, accuracy etc. May depend on what is included in etc.

Just now, Bonzodog said:

I sure as hell won’t be

Is the warranty transferrable then ?

:tongue:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Craftycockney said:

One mans ugly is another mans beauty....

Looks better in a Tag though

2 minutes ago, Craftycockney said:

One mans ugly is another mans beauty....

On 22/08/2019 at 15:09, mach 0.0013137 said:

When I read the thread title I thought it meant that some of my old Services watches  were still under guarantee...

1444895451_Services2.jpg.b22f12bf351262e560de873cea423f33.jpg

:clap:

If you can find an office to deal with your warranty claim

• Haha 1

On 22/08/2019 at 15:07, Jet Jetski said:

Is there a similar Tag?  Preferably with an iconic in house movement.

17 minutes ago, ZenArcade said:

Is there a similar Tag?  Preferably with an iconic in house movement.

Tag Cal 36 is an in-house movement.  Kind of.  Tag modified Zenith movement

4 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

Tag Cal 36 is an in-house movement.  Kind of.  Tag modified Zenith movement

So is there a Tag similar with an in house movement thats not an iconic Zenith then?:laugh:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ZenArcade said:

So is there a Tag similar with an in house movement thats not an iconic Zenith then?:laugh:

It doesn't really matter, wearing any Tag instantly makes you more handsome, a better driver, and a better lover.  I rarely wear mine, because I'm practically perfect anyway, but I keep it in a drawer in case I get old.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

It doesn't really matter, wearing any Tag instantly makes you more handsome, a better driver, and a better lover.  I rarely wear mine, because I'm practically perfect anyway, but I keep it in a drawer in case I get old.

Brilliant! :thumbsup::laugh:

• Like 1