Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Col81

2 x watches discounts required??

Recommended Posts

I wish to buy 2 watches a Tudor BB58 and a Omega Seamaster 2019 model with the wave dial on a rubber strap. What are the best discounts I can expect to get and where from?? Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You will be lucky to get the BB58 at all let alone at a discount..as for the Omega never ever pay RRP insist on 40% leave them you phone number and wait for the call.... you wont get 40% but it may be closer than you think....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks 40%!!!!! On the 2019 wave omega the best I have been offered is £3300 it is £3700 list. I'm looking to get it for £3k cash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Col81 said:

Thanks 40%!!!!! On the 2019 wave omega the best I have been offered is £3300 it is £3700 list. I'm looking to get it for £3k cash

You won't get anywhere near 40% on that particular model ... a broker should be able to get you 20% at least , perhaps a bit more .... I will PM you the details of the broker I use... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Speedy112 said:

You will be lucky to get the BB58 at all let alone at a discount..as for the Omega never ever pay RRP insist on 40% leave them you phone number and wait for the call.... you wont get 40% but it may be closer than you think....

40% discount or even close on a seamaster!  Can you please show me the dealer who offers this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40% discount or even close on a seamaster!  Can you please show me the dealer who offers this?

Stay away from the flagship stores...go to the smaller privately owned ADs as Johnny says or use a broker who is also making money on the deal and still gets you a 20% discount on RRP.. don’t be shy haggle hard and don’t be afraid to walk away leaving your details with them..if they feel you are a walkover that’s exactly what they will do..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Speedy112 said:


Stay away from the flagship stores...go to the smaller privately owned ADs as Johnny says or use a broker who is also making money on the deal and still gets you a 20% discount on RRP.. don’t be shy haggle hard and don’t be afraid to walk away leaving your details with them..if they feel you are a walkover that’s exactly what they will do..

15% - 20% I have heard of 40% is something different though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, ZenArcade said:

15% - 20% I have heard of 40% is something different though.

My original post said you wouldn't get 40%... I'm amazed people pay RRP on soft brands..obviously a top seller of any brand is always more difficult to obtain the larger discount and I guess its a very British thing not to complain or take control of a purchase...The mark up on these mass produced items is huge so there is always considerable wiggle room .. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any ideas on the Tudor. I want to put £500 deposit on one in Manchester and wait for it to arrive any ideas who the best store is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Speedy112 said:

The mark up on these mass produced items is huge so there is always considerable wiggle room .. 

The most successful ADs are buying at 40% of RRP ( less successful = less so , some smaller retailers have little or no wriggle room otherwise they become 'busy fools' and quickly go out of business ) .... so there is only so much room for discounts because don't forget they should work on "fully loaded" costs , not just trade cost price. Around 20% for an Omega is realistic .... 25% for a Breitling ..... etc etc ... Brokers have relationships with the big volume sellers so they get "margin" sales which means a cheap sale adds to the monthly volume which leads to bigger discounts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does it always have to be a cash deal to get a discount? Can you negotiate a price and then say I'll take the 0% interest deal?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kanab22 said:

Does it always have to be a cash deal to get a discount? Can you negotiate a price and then say I'll take the 0% interest deal?

Hardly ever..... because most "discounted" sales are done using "concessionary codes" or "managers discretion codes" on their paperwork. If you take the finance then its a whole different scenario.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want to do finance, you are better off getting a new Credit card with ‘intro deals’ either 0% or cashback.

look around, some of the CC’s are offering 0% on purchases for 12m, the new Apple Card, when it comes out is 3% cashback on apple kit, 2% on all purchases made via Applepay, &1% on purchases made on the physical card 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Hardly ever..... because most "discounted" sales are done using "concessionary codes" or "managers discretion codes" on their paperwork. If you take the finance then its a whole different scenario.

That's what I figured. No discounts for me then.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, kanab22 said:

That's what I figured. No discounts for me then.

A bud of mine wanted to buy a Breitling Colt on interest free but also wanted discount... ADs said a little discount yes around £200 from memory  ... if he paid upfront, no discount at all if he took finance. So he got a price from a broker which was a discount of £850 on RRP. He also arranged a 3 year loan with his bank and because he had a current account with them, he got a deal on the interest so he was paying around £300 interest over 3 years.... so his effective discount was £550-ish and he got to finance it... so there are ways to navigate the system a bit.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You don’t ask you don’t get!

I was offered 12% off an Omega Speedmaster (without hardly any haggling) at Goldsmiths!

Just try your luck... if you can wait, you may get a “Black Friday” deal!? (Mid November time)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jizzle said:

I was offered 12% off an Omega Speedmaster (without hardly any haggling) at Goldsmiths!

Depending on the branch, Goldsmiths often will budge a bit on most brands and most models ... if you get them in a sluggish quarter and they are trying to hit the next supplier discount threshold then substantial discount are not unheard of, trouble is its hit-and-miss as to when that it.

I find that many independents are good for discounts and ringing around often gives a pleasant surprise. Also worth noting with most ADs they will not discuss discounts in writing , so emails asking for discount usually ( not always ) are met with a "call us" response.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/08/2019 at 21:13, kanab22 said:

Does it always have to be a cash deal to get a discount? Can you negotiate a price and then say I'll take the 0% interest deal?

I got an Oris brig crown pointer date from a larger retailer in the Trafford centre... Deposit down, 6 months interest free and 10% off. Hardly deal of the century but highlights that you can get a deal on 0%

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/08/2019 at 20:31, Col81 said:

Any ideas on the Tudor. I want to put £500 deposit on one in Manchester and wait for it to arrive any ideas who the best store is?

Which AD did you end up in ?

My first choice was Fraser Hart but the one in Manchestoh doesn't do Tudor and I don't fancy trekking round the Trafford centre so ended up in David M Robinson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't see a discount being had on a bb58.

 

There's a Tudor dealer in Nantwich, Moody & Sons if you're looking to deal with an independent AD. Also stock Bremont, Rolex, Mont Blanc and maybe a couple of other brands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phone around and ask but offer a significant deposit over the phone, come across serious to do business.

I got a Speedy Pro at 23% off. Put £1k down over phone, they ordered one in and i had a nice day out picking it up with my nephew on a set day with thoroughly nice experience to boot.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/08/2019 at 21:20, Col81 said:

I wish to buy 2 watches a Tudor BB58 and a Omega Seamaster 2019 model with the wave dial on a rubber strap. What are the best discounts I can expect to get and where from?? Thank you

You won't get a discount on the BB58 and there is  waiting list of around 6 months + I know the national Ernest Jones waiting list number in the hundreds with London getting around 12 pieces per quarter (might be faster if you arent fussy about whether or not bracelet or leather strap)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can get discount at certain ADs if your employer offers some kind of discount. I get 14% off at Goldsmiths but my mate gets 30% off at earnest Jones. They've already asked for me and they've agreed they can order it at the discounted price but I'll have to sit on the waiting list. I haven't decided yet but the watch comes in under £2k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...