• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Im developing a bit of an obsession with timepieces from the Fatherland.   Junghans in particular.  Is there any mileage in scouring the continent, web browsing in other words, for bargains?  Are there retailers based in Germany , much the same as we have here who discount their stock.  Ive tried google , but dont seem to be getting anywhere.

Im particularly after a hand wound Max Bill, buy I may just have to bite the bullet and get one from the usual suspects.  Sadly my Bauhaus obsession has just coincided with the 100 year anniversary so I imagine it will keep prices firm.

1 minute ago, Laughing gravy said:

Im developing a bit of an obsession with timepieces from the Fatherland.   Junghans in particular.  Is there any mileage in scouring the continent, web browsing in other words, for bargains?  Are there retailers based in Germany , much the same as we have here who discount their stock.  Ive tried google , but dont seem to be getting anywhere.

Im particularly after a hand wound Max Bill, buy I may just have to bite the bullet and get one from the usual suspects.  Sadly my Bauhaus obsession has just coincided with the 100 year anniversary so I imagine it will keep prices firm.

I have noticed in my research for Glasshuttes and the like that German sellers on Chrono24 tend to have the most competitively priced watches ... sometimes by a fair distance. Obviously this could all go t1ts up if the Eurocrats issue their punishment beating to the UK when we leave the single market but we shall see....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

I have noticed in my research for Glasshuttes and the like that German sellers on Chrono24 tend to have the most competitively priced watches ... sometimes by a fair distance. Obviously this could all go t1ts up if the Eurocrats issue their punishment beating to the UK when we leave the single market but we shall see....

Thank you.  *fires up chrono24*

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Laughing gravy said:

Junghans in particular. 

Some really nice vintage stuff to be had,

607a804ce7c830991a77d800ed089b8d.jpg

• Like 4

Well my daily is a Roland Kemmner. 

If you are thinking vintage look at Provita as well.

• Like 2

Iguana Sell UK have Junghans often at 18% discount sometimes more in sales.  watchdeal KG have them too problem is the pound is quite weak at the moment.  There is also the German Amazon site which may have third party sellers.  

• Like 1

I have a Union Glashutte panorama big date good quality watch never knew it had a 9ct gold rota can pick one up now for less than £1000 if you look around 

IMG_2996_zpsbcvne1cs IMG_2993_zpsfncgboaq

• Like 1

a7905b9ac1ff3a3da3b63c2788164044.jpg

Once in a while the bay will have a Junghan with scratched or broken glass. It’s because they use acrylic so they tend to break easily.

All you need to change it is a ten quid clamp and the glass is fifty quid genuine or a tenner for generic brand (I went for latter).

The one above I paid slightly over the price for at £300 with slightly damaged dial, but considering new is £900 and used is well over £600 I think I did alright

Edited by yip_london
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, yip_london said:

a7905b9ac1ff3a3da3b63c2788164044.jpg

Once in a while the bay will have a Junghan with scratched or broken glass. It’s because they use acrylic so they tend to break easily.

All you need to change it is a ten quid clamp and the glass is fifty quid genuine or a tenner for generic brand (I went for latter).

The one above I paid slightly over the price for at £300 with slightly damaged dial, but considering new is £900 and used is well over £600 I think I did alright emoji2.png

Im a bit reluctant to get involved in repair jobs.  Ive got a draw full.  I may have to buy this one new.

I have had to buy something though to "satisfy the itch" and so I have pulled the trigger on this.  Seems to have decent write ups , prices seem to be a lot lower than they are in Germany.

We shall see just how good. or bad it is.   I paid £120 and then the price immediately went up.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dugena-Premium-Quartz-Watch-Leather/dp/B00KDWKRTO/ref=sr_1_8?qid=1566899927&refinements=p_4%3ADugena&s=watch&sr=1-8

Edited by Laughing gravy

Love the max bill but personally, look no further that NOMOS if you're looking for the bauhaus design. My personal favourites are the Zurich and the Orion. They sell them on John Lewis and it seems everyone has corporate discount there so worth considering if you're willing to save up. 

• Thanks 1

On 23/08/2019 at 17:18, Mart said:

Well my daily is a Roland Kemmner. 

Shame he stopped - think I came across the name about a month after it was too late!

bought this from the other side but made in Germany.

rymkqFsl.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have a Stowa Prodiver blue limited on order which I'm looking forward to receiving. Ordered the grey originally but was not sure and as they had a few blue left decided to go for that one.

• Like 1