• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
TDC

Another Purchase...

This one cost me a huge £6.50!

I bought it as I thought it could be a good "patient" to play with and learn from as I have a basic tool kit and it would be nice to understand a little more than the basics as I do already.  The movement looks a lot more modern than the rest of the watch however and most likely won't need any work- maybe I should try to find something older!

It is however slightly interesting as it is unusual, however I can't see any value in it!  I've had a quick search for details on the company, and the engraving on the back with little luck.  There is a Facebook page for Old England Watches which appears to be a feeble attempt to revive the brand from several years ago, and a couple of iffy looking watches online but my guess is that the attempt to bring the company back fizzled out.

Anyway- a couple of pics whilst it still works :wink:

20190823-135500.jpg

20190823-135533.jpg

20190823-135436.jpg

12 minutes ago, spinynorman said:

Did you look for Claro Watch SA? There's quite a lot about them.

No I haven't done anything in detail yet as it only turned up at lunchtime and not had a chance, in the hour since I started this thread the watch has gained 20 minutes though :laugh:

3 minutes ago, TDC said:

since I started this thread the watch has gained 20 minutes though :laugh:

Maybe gently moving that regulator back to the central position would help. Or make things worse.

Claro seems to have started in 1963 assembling movements from parts and selling them as "Swiss". May have gone bust in 2010, but still has a website.