• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
JonnyOldBoy

A couple of fairly famous watches

I was fortunate enough to see these two up close and personal today ..... any eagle eyed film buff recognise these ? One is a production watch ( still owned by the actor who provided it personally for filming ) and one is a bespoke design for the film only

DSC_0416.JPG

DSC_0427.JPG

DSC_0429.JPG

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

I was fortunate enough to see these two up close and personal today ..... any eagle eyed film buff recognise these ? One is a production watch ( still owned by the actor who provided it personally for filming ) and one is a bespoke design for the film only

DSC_0416.JPG

@Roger the Dodger‘s :clap:

Now where’s my prize ?

:thumbsup:

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Richard734 said:

The MM is Tom Hanks from d’vinci code?

Hamilton has got me stumped

Bondy nailed the Hamilton .... the one above is the original commissioned "prop" version from the movie 2001. Only a handful were made for use in the movie but they were functional analogue watches and today only the one above still exists and remains the property of the estate of Stanley Kubrick.

The MM is not a Tom Hanks watch ... clue - the watch and wire rimmed glasses were worn by the actor in another Kubrick film and the "MM" is a clue ... :thumbsup:

The Hamilton is nice - where did you see them? Was it at the exhibition at the design museum?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tazmo61 said:

Was it Mathew Modine in full metal jacket ?

DING DING DING !!! WHAT DO WE HAVE FOR HIM JONNY !?!? 

Bravo ... it was indeed the personal possessions of Mr Modine kindly lent for the .... :

7 minutes ago, KAS118 said:

The Hamilton is nice - where did you see them? Was it at the exhibition at the design museum?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Indeed yes ,,, My lad is an undergraduate in Film Production and got us a couple of tickets for the Kubrick Exhibition ... hard to get them ... its been sold out for ages but they have extended it a bit to fit some more in for early September due to demand. A Brilliant exhibition ... It was my birthday present from him ... 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Bravo ... it was indeed the personal possessions of Mr Modine kindly lent for the ....

It was the MM and the wire rimmed glasses that gave it away :thumbsup: Full metal jacket is one my favourite films .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tazmo61 said:

It was the MM and the wire rimmed glasses that gave it away :thumbsup: Full metal jacket is one my favourite films .

DSC_0414.JPG

• Thanks 1