• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Hi all,

I have a watch currently on sale on eBay and I'm basically in need of some information as it was an elderly relatives who has passed away and was found during his house clearance, will assume it was his Mum's as it's 34mm wide.I'd had a quick look on Google and not found much so listed it thinking it might go for £10-£20 as its not in brilliant condition, needs a new battery and a couple of links in the strap need some work by the look of it. On the front of the watch it says Dulux antimagnetique, has a day and month calendar which still change when the watch is wound manually and there is also minutes window and again when wound this continues to move for some time. On the bracelet there is written "clewco gold filled". 

I've had 2 people message me with offers of £50 and £75, the guy who offered the £75 said it could well go for more than £100 but obviously not guaranteed.....and would be great to know a bit more information on the watch as never heard of that brand and possible value.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&pub=5575378759&campid=5338273189&customid=&icep_item=264442277249&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229508&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg&toolid=11111

Thanks

Hi Rob, 

While we don't do valuations on this forum, i would suggest you update the advert with some extra details.

The watch will be manual wind, probably with a Felsa or Venus movement, so does not need any battery.  Turn the crown clockwise ten time or until you feel any resistance and the second hand should start to move.  It is best described as a Triple Date or Full Calendar with moonphase, and should have small adjuster buttons to set the calendar functions on the side of the case.  You may need a cocktail stick to see if these work.  If anything feels like it needs forcing then DON'T FORCE IT.  Everything should work smoothly

If all is working then I would re write the advert with the new details.  If the watch is dead and and the calendar functions don't work then it's your call if you take any offers, but if it works i would suggest you leave the auction running

Hi,

Thanks very much for the information. I will have a go as suggested and as you say will if needed rewrite the advert.

Many thanks

Rob

Update....

So I have used a pin and while a little sticky the month change does work, the bottom button seems to just move the seconds hand round.

The crown has been wound until it goes no further (while being careful) and nothing has happened. I'm wondering if it would be worth having it fixed then selling? Also are these watches gold plated by any chance?

Thanks

Rob

Thanks for the link, it was actually the only thing I'd found when I was looking on the net, was hoping to find something more similar to mine but I have a bit more information now which is good.

1 hour ago, Rob79 said:

Update....

So I have used a pin and while a little sticky the month change does work, the bottom button seems to just move the seconds hand round.

The crown has been wound until it goes no further (while being careful) and nothing has happened. I'm wondering if it would be worth having it fixed then selling? Also are these watches gold plated by any chance?

It will be gold plated, and the second hand you are moving is actually the date pointer hand.  The second hand is just above the moonphase - is that moving?

1 hour ago, scottswatches said:

It will be gold plated, and the second hand you are moving is actually the date pointer hand.  The second hand is just above the moonphase - is that moving?

So I've set the date and time around 20 minutes ago and it's kept time so far so it looks to be working which is great.

I'll relist it on eBay as buy it now for around £250 and allow offers and see what happens.

Thanks for the info/help, much appreciated.

• Thanks 1