• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Truthless

Looking for some advice

Hi everyone, I'm new here so apologies if this post is in the wrong section. Can anyone help me with the two watches I'm looking at. The first is a Eden, is there anyone who knows what the estimated manufacture date is? I unfortunately dont have pics of the inside... And Second is the Rodania, does it look authentic? 

I do appreciate any help I can get. 

obviously my url images didnt load. Sorry

The Rodania company started in April 1948 so I would agree with Solar Pilgrim and say late 50's early 60's.

With the Eden because the movement is not shown I would again say 1960's mainly due to style of case and hand shapes.

You may not get an exact date for these watches but there are some good websites out there so you can narrow it down to 5 years or so if you can identify the movements.

If the rodania has radium lume then it will be pre 1955.  But you may need a gieger counter to know.

I might say the Eden is early 1950s, based on the gilt numerals alone.  You need to know the movement to narrow it down 

The Rodania has an AS 1194 movement. The brand changed name from Rodana in the 1940s and, to me, your watch has the appearance of being from that decade. Can't tell you anything about the Eden without an image of its movement.

Neither are in great condition and are not particularly valuable.

Regards.