UK Watch Forum banner

dilemma/ help me save my money

1K views 30 replies 17 participants last post by  GASHEAD 
#1 ·
so I have seen this watch ,i really like it , its a LTD edition but the trouble with me is when I like some thing I can get obsessed and buy three of the same bloody thing, now this is not a £100 thing its £1300 , so am I mad would you buy this if you already had the one below ? just a bit of a reality check, or sanity check required :biggrin:

deano

[IMG alt="Image result for Davosa Diving Ternos Professional GMT by Luca Tribondeau Limited Edition 161.571.15" data-ratio="133.33"]https://cdn2.chrono24.com/images/uhren/images_31/s5/11549531_xxl_v1561565021371.jpg[/IMG]

but I already have this

3ZG8KkA.jpg

See less See more
Reactions: Nigelp
#8 ·
buy three of the same bloody thing
you need therapy

(just chaneling my good friend, although my OCD is slightly different - I am thinking Ineed a 'set' - like, 15j with snap case, 15j with hacking seconds, 15j with screw back, 17j with snap case / hacking seconds / screw back; although I do have two identical Timex Sprites (but one is a donor, just in case, see?)

#14 ·
yes john there is , its another I have my eye on but its another 3 k more so wont be appearing any time this year, so probably best to save the 1300 and get the other one quicker :thumbsup: ,

see I jus needed the proverbial smack at the back of the head from you guys before I bought it :laugh:

deano

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
You have the real thing, Deano, so why would you want a 'Fauxlex'....and that two tone bezel is horrible...get a grip, man....JMHO you understand... :thumbsup:

#18 ·
limited edition usually means youve got more that are identical

so I have seen this watch ,i really like it , its a LTD edition but the trouble with me is when I like some thing I can get obsessed and buy three of the same bloody thing, now this is not a £100 thing its £1300 , so am I mad would you buy this if you already had the one below ? just a bit of a reality check, or sanity check required :biggrin:

deano

Image result for Davosa Diving Ternos Professional GMT by Luca Tribondeau Limited Edition 161.571.15

but I already have this

3ZG8KkA.jpg
if you like it get it mate who cares.

Personally, no I wouldn't, Deano.

Get yourself a nice 'vintage' timepiece that would compliment an old geezers stable of vintage motors. :whistle:

You're welcome.

:tongue:
it will steam up.

#23 ·
The Davoso looks awful. White dial and hands. You would get bored with it very soon. Like the guys have already said, buy a really nice vintage that you think will hold it's money. The one that you want, will not.

The Glycine is a very nice looking watch and would probably get noticed alot more.

Try to buy something that you don't see many of.

This is only my opinion.

#28 ·
Try to buy something that you don't see many of.
To be fair you probably won't see many of those Davosas as surely nobody in their right mind would pay £1300 for one.

:biggrin:

#24 ·
thanks guys , I am over it, :yes:

but I am a sucker for modern watches , strange as all my other interests lie in the past :wacko: , I will save for the GS i really really want. :wink:

deano

Reactions: mitadoc
#26 · (Edited by Moderator)

deano

Image result for Davosa Diving Ternos Professional GMT by Luca Tribondeau Limited Edition 161.571.15

but I already have this

3ZG8KkA.jpg
There is a pre-loved black version (or something close) on the Bay in mint condition for £489.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.