• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
spinynorman

Ingersoll 5 jewels

I bought this to have a tinker with. Most obvious problems are bent minute hand and cracked crystal. And I think it should have a second hand. Maybe one with a red arrow tip?

Questions -

What size hands should I be looking for, or where can I find out?

Am I right that the small screw closest to the crown releases the stem?

Can I just push the crystal out with a press? And press in a replacement?

Any help or thoughts on the watch greatly appreciated.

DSC_0342a

DSC_0344a

The movement seems in reasonable condition, just a bit of corrosion on the regulator.

DSC_0346a

• Like 1

If you can find the calibre number then look it up on the Rannf site which will give the hand sizes other than that there is such a thing as a hand gauge after that its trial and error and either close or open the hand hole a little .
The stem release screw is the small one you mention and the crystal will push out with your thumbs but will ideally need a claw type crystal tool to get the new one in , sometimes you can work them in by hand but a claw tool makes the job easier

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, andyclient said:

If you can find the calibre number then look it up on the Rannf site

Looks like a Smiths TY. Which isn't on Rannf. :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, spinynorman said:

I bought this to have a tinker with. Most obvious problems are bent minute hand and cracked crystal. And I think it should have a second hand. Maybe one with a red arrow tip?

Questions -

What size hands should I be looking for, or where can I find out?

Am I right that the small screw closest to the crown releases the stem?

Can I just push the crystal out with a press? And press in a replacement?

Any help or thoughts on the watch greatly appreciated.

DSC_0342a

DSC_0344a

The movement seems in reasonable condition, just a bit of corrosion on the regulator.

DSC_0346a

if he bezil comes off,  you can push the crystol out with your thumbs.  the little screw nearest in line  with the stem.  BUT  un screw it one turn at a time. (the stem will usually come out in less than 3 turns).  i put the stem back in place after the mvt. is out of the case.

• Thanks 1