• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Roger the Dodger

Back To My Second Home...

Off again to the Algarve for 3 weeks...just in time apparently, judging by next weeks forecast from Countryfile...enjoy the rain, while I'm basking in 40o  glorious sunshine with an endless supply of Sagres by the pool. Will stay in touch as long as there's wifi available. As usual, no watch will be taken, so don't ask. Just hope we get to stay longer than 2 days this time...sadly, we had to come home from the last trip as we got the sad news that Sheila's mum had passed away. Most husbands moan about their mothers-in-law, but I have to say I treasured mine...a sad day indeed. 

:rip_1: Grandma...we'll be having a 'Sex on the beach' for you.

• Like 1

Absolutely fantastic! Arrived a few hours ago, stocked up the fridge and freezer, from the supermercado, and have imbibed copious quantities of Super Bock. 35oC...just perfect,and according to locals, set to last for the forseeable future...:beach:

• Like 2

Have a good time rog, its been cold wet and windy in North Wales just for a change. 

could be worse it could be very cold wet and windy like scoootland 

15 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

Have a good time rog, its been cold wet and windy in North Wales just for a change. 

could be worse it could be very cold wet and windy like scoootland 

Yes...I saw on Countryfile that its supposed to be raining this week over there.

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

could be very cold wet and windy like scoootland 

Fake weather forecast. Remember, "Express Reader" is rhyming slang for " Mouth Breather". :laughing2dw:

Look, Palm trees at Arisaig,

3134785_orig.jpg

I kid you not.

Look, even tells you to forget Portugal !

https://www.embracescotland.co.uk/2013/04/forget-france-and-portugal-head-to-scotland-this-summer/

• Like 1

i was only joking i know its sunny in scotland its nearer the sun being higher up. 

30 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Yes...I saw on Countryfile that its supposed to be raining this week over there.

it wont last it will be ice frost and snow before long. Dark nights clocks back. 

warm bovril. 

bed socks

hot water bottles 

kippers and custard 

be christmas before we know where we are

10 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

i was only joking i know its sunny in scotland its nearer the sun being higher up. 

it wont last it will be ice frost and snow before long. Dark nights clocks back. 

warm bovril. 

bed socks

hot water bottles 

kippers and custard 

be christmas before we know where we are

Thankfully, I'll be here for a month at Christmas. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

I was only joking i know its sunny in scotland its nearer the sun being higher up.

Nothing to do with altitude, the sun shines out of everyone's @£$€ up here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

yes we have friends up there say its always nice. 

6 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Thankfully, I'll be here for a month at Christmas. :thumbsup:

you do right mate. It will be cold here and grind to a halt the stores will be full of easter eggs too and boxes of roses chocolates and dodgy jumpers and everyone will be scraping car windows with credit cards with over drawn balances. 

11 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

You all need to bend over a lot more then :biggrin:

There are many things I miss after leaving Scotland - the weather and 6 hours of daylight in the winter certainly aren't amongst them...........neither are those pesky midges 

Edited by Big Bad Boris
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

yes we have friends up there say its always nice. 

Here's Lossiemouth in January,

east-beach-lossiemouth-min_408569434.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Here's Lossiemouth in January,

east-beach-lossiemouth-min_408569434.jpg

my mate from school called his dog that they had a caravan in mofat it got nicked, but they love it up there i think he will retire there well not in mofat but in scotland somewhere. In fact his dad has just died, Ray Green, shame great fella used to get me back boxes for me 635. He was a biker and a group of 30 bikers set off from his old house in nelson lancs on a commemorative tour of scotland yesterday for him. 

Edited by Nigelp
moffat
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Big Bad Boris said:

You all need to bend over a lot more then 

That's me bending over behind that house that is.

1.-Peat-Fire-768x512.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, WRENCH said:

That's me bending over behind that house that is.

1.-Peat-Fire-768x512.jpg

nice that

20 minutes ago, Karrusel said:

Nah

The Shelby’s have arrived...

:tongue:

hes good be on later

Image result for shelley comedy

she were quiet fit 

39 minutes ago, Big Bad Boris said:

There are many things I miss after leaving Scotland - the weather and 6 hours of daylight in the winter certainly aren't amongst them...........neither are those pesky midges 

:laugh:

why do you think @BondandBigM moved to tyne side

he wanted exotic climes 

48 minutes ago, Big Bad Boris said:

that was really funny Boris and im glad you are PM! we will sort them all out together mate so we will! 

that was really funny Boris and im glad you are PM! we will sort them all out together mate so we will! 

53 minutes ago, Big Bad Boris said:

i just have to say Boris that is really funny, Im glad you are PM together mate you and me will sort them out, its because of that lot up there we have to put the clocks back. 

19 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

no idea why that went on 3 times 

Heartburn.

4 times actually. :character0275:

Edited by WRENCH

Well, quite a cool 36.6oC today. Spent most of it round the pool drinking 'Sex on the beach' in memory of Grandma, (her favourite cocktail) who should have been with us, but is now looking down on us.

Last night's sunset...

large.20190903_093648.jpg.657ff9488e5ce1bc46b37bb5d05c3827.jpg