• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
spinynorman

Sultana Chronograph Landeron 48

While researching background on the company that made my Allaine watch, I found a picture of a rather nice chronograph with a Landeron 149 from, according to the cliniquehorlogere site, 1960.

1478794711_Allaine_Watch_Landeron_149_Al

Then I found something similar from Sultana, a company I wasn't familiar with. This has a Landeron 48 and the seller says it's 1940s. Anyway, I bought it and will get it sometime next week (seller's pic).

s-l1600.jpg

More searching turned up a Watch Wiki article on Sultana, which reads a bit like an advert. https://watch-wiki.org/index.php?title=SULTANA/en

Also I found references to similar style watches made by Chronograph Suisse. Apparently they are hollow cased and a bit delicate.

More when it arrives, but any thoughts on Sultana, Landeron and these chronos in general will be very welcome.

And, yes, I know it's not in Sultana's currant range. So I'm not raisin my hopes. Etc etc... :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Nice watches dear spiny - that Allaine is particularly beautiful. You may already be aware that the trade word mark, Allaine, was registered by Allaine Watch SA/Achille Barré of Porrentruy, Switzerland, on 22 March 1941.

3 hours ago, Always"watching" said:

Nice watches dear spiny - that Allaine is particularly beautiful. You may already be aware that the trade word mark, Allaine, was registered by Allaine Watch SA/Achille Barré of Porrentruy, Switzerland, on 22 March 1941.

Yes, I saw that in Mikrolisk. However, I can't find a direct connection between Allaine Watch SA and Achille Barre, other than they both used the name. Achille Barre is a much older partnership. I documented what I could find out here. 

The Allaine chronograph above isn't mine, worst luck. My Allaine is a simple dress watch.

• Thanks 1