• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Brava210

Henry London losing time- Help-

Hi everyone,

I took delivery of a lovely Henry watch but have noticed it's losing at least 5 minutes after only a few hours.

Is there anything I can check to rectify this, or is it simply faulty.

Thanks Gary

Sorry to hear you're having problems, nice looking watch. As you've just got the watch I think you should contact who you bought it from first, i'm assuming it'll have some sort of warranty?

Not an expert, but simple things i would check if it was a quartz watch not under warranty anymore, would be checking the battery first (or if automatic check if it had become magnetized) and if that wasn't the problem then i would probably ask the question in the Watchmaking and repair section of the forum.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brava210 said:

Hi everyone,

I took delivery of a lovely Henry watch but have noticed it's losing at least 5 minutes after only a few hours.

Is there anything I can check to rectify this, or is it simply faulty.

Thanks Gary

Set it again to make sure. I have made an error on new to me watches when doing time checks in the past on several occasions. :yes:

• Like 1

It might have a hung hairspring (or another issue) due to being bounced about in transit. I'd check it again to be sure.:)

• Like 1

Thanks everybody. The watch itself is brand new and beautiful. I will contact the seller see how that goes. I will reset the time again today and see if it loses time again.

Thanks Gary

Would the battery cause it to lose time. I always assumed a battery problem would simply stop the movement?