• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Used Seiko Presage - useful to know more !

I've recently bagged this Seiko Presage. It looks very nice but does not seem to be that common (I can't find it on eBay or eBay's finished items). From my own research is was their premium model range back in 2016 - but that may be incorrect.

Also does 'Made in Japan' make this a JDM watch? I don't know much about that term but thought I would ask anyway. I'm assuming it's genuine... there seem to be a batch load of fake Seiko's out there.

Thanks everyone!

48710874861_da30f7bd78_c.jpg

48710997931_ea6def7a4c_c.jpg

6 minutes ago, Hickory Dickory Dock said:

there seem to be a batch load of fake Seiko's out there.

Movement looks like the real deal so if it keeps good time I think I would call it genuine.

They are capable of very good accuracy, I had one that was not that far off chronometer level of accuracy.

Here is a real one :

Seiko Presage Cocktail Time SRPB43 movement

9 minutes ago, Hickory Dickory Dock said:

So if the watch is made in Japan does that make it an JDM?

I think there's a difference between Made in Japan and JDM.  Watches that are "Made in Japan" are sold worldwide, but JDM are made for the Japanese Domestic Market, and therefore aimed specifically at Japanese buyers.  I'm sure I read somewhere (probably on here) that JDM can have smaller straps and bracelets, due to the smaller average customer compared to Europe and the rest of the world. (That might be a figment of my imagination though, of course :whistle:)

Either way, that Presage looks great :notworthy:

Edited by Davey P
Spelling...
7 minutes ago, Hickory Dickory Dock said:

Great news thanks! So if the watch is made in Japan does that make it an JDM? Or is that nonsense!

The watch if really good looking on the wrist.

Do you have a pic of the front too?

Sorry I don't know anything about JDM.

The photo was from an article :

Seiko Presage Cocktail Time SRPB43
26 minutes ago, Davey P said:

I think there's a difference between Made in Japan and JDM.  Watches that are "Made in Japan" are sold worldwide, but JDM are made for the Japanese Domestic Market, and therefore aimed specifically at Japanese buyers.  I'm sure I read somewhere (probably on here) that JDM can have smaller straps and bracelets, due to the smaller average customer compared to Europe and the rest of the world. (That might be a figment of my imagination though, of course :whistle:)

Either way, that Presage looks great :notworthy:

Ah OK, that's interesting thanks. I just get mixed messages when I research this particular watch. For example, there were models that soon superseded this one where the italic automatic seen on my dial, was replaced with 'Presage Automatic' - plus other snippets.