• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Mr LJ

Here we are!

Now then... blimey it's taken me a year to make my first post! apologies for that. Well, I'm back because I've bough a replacement Grandfather clock. I've always been interested in clocks much to my wife's annoyance as her late Father was a watch and clock repairer, I guess the smells of clocks, parts lying around, which one is showing the reliable time etc has put her off.

I have a habit of buying on impulse, cheap and often rubbishy things that I believe will sell on and make a bit too, often I keep things for years before letting them go. My first Grandfather clock which I reluctantly let go was a pine 30 hour clock, bought for £225 mid eighties sometime I regrettably let it go to a new home but did make a nice penny or two when pine furniture was fashionable.

I now have, after a couple of weeks a nice cheap £225 again, nice oak/mahogany 1770 Kellett of Bradbury longcase Grandfather clock and I'm currently giving it a 'good' clean up and some general repairs. It runs okay although being a bit worn.

Hope to show more photos if this one works.... using Google photos, (Fingers crossed that it works!)

VCDh4R4MjQyA80G7pChHMlRJdRYpL2Kq83k54Cug

• Like 1

Good luck with that! I know next to nothing about clocks, or watches either, but the clocks are interesting me, as I keep stumbling across big old things in antique type markets in Bangkok and even on a (fairly) recent trip to an old Thai market east of Bangkok. Curious about their appeal here.

Thanks Phil, I'm no expert by any means but I'll have a good go at things I guess a good measure of common sense applies as with most things. So are you saying that old British clocks are turning up in your part of the World? What sort of prices do they fetch?

I haven't seen British that I am aware of - but from France, Italy and other areas of Europe. I may still have a few pics tat I haven't downloaded. I would need to check

Welcome to the forum! You'll find lots to keep you entertained here!  

Cassie :king:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cassie-O said:

Welcome to the forum! You'll find lots to keep you entertained here!  

Cassie :king:

especially that old devil @Roger the Dodger eh? nudge wink with his spiders legs. 

Image result for big spiders

15 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

sorry:tumbleweed:

So you should be.  :thumbsup:  If "The Don" is unavailable I think I'll send this gentlemen to see you... :tongue:

MV5BMDdkYzY3NTMtNTJkYy00ZGJiLWFjNDctOTA0

Sorry about this @Mr LJ, we try to keep @Nigelp on the straight and narrow, but sometimes he goes off the rails.  :crazy5vh: :biggrin: