• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
mitadoc

No Rolex Hulk in AD? Welcome to Brighton then...Grey dealer kicks in!

1 hour ago, ZenArcade said:

Biggest joke of all this "Full set" Nonsense is people buying boxes, hang tags and various other bits of tat to make up a "Full set"  How exactly is it a full set anyway?  You just bought a knackered old watch, a cardboard box and a few bits of string and paper none of which are related to the watch other than they were printed in the same decade.  A full set is surely what actually came with the watch when you bought it not what you picked up off ebay???

pnCiX6oAj

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Original MIB Corgi Batmobile ( red wheel hub caps and original suspension , not the 2nd issue springy version ) fetch £1000+ now ....  First edition of 2000AD MINT - £500+ .... Airfix USS Kitty Hawk MIB from the early 1980s £500+ ..... Lego Star destroyer , collectors edition , 1st release , MIB £3000+ ...... etc etc etc 

Yes but sods law kicks in and you have every model except those ones.

Same with valuable VHS and old records, I have thousands of them but not the right ones.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

pnCiX6oAj

Speaking as someone who has a full set Rolex you are welcome to collect boxes of old tat sorry receipts.  I am sure those boxes of stone Island tags will come in useful some day....erm....maybe:laugh:

9 hours ago, ZenArcade said:

I am sure those boxes of stone Island tags will come in useful some day....erm....maybe:laugh:

You just never know 

look at the way some trainers have went recently. I have a couple of old SI pieces that are not readily available anymore.

I have a Numatic Henry 160, I've kept the box and paraphernalia!

Does that make me a player?:rolleyes::laugh:

Do what makes you feel right, and sod everyone else, imho.:biggrin:

• Thanks 1

I own a couple of watches bought pre owned (secondhand),boxes and paperwork were essential for me .I know I’m ocd .

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Stan said:

I have a Numatic Henry 160, I've kept the box and paraphernalia!

Does that make me a player?:rolleyes::laugh:

Possibly 

You could try Mumsnet, according to Big M they are big on Hoovering and Hinching on there. 

:biggrin:

2 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

Possibly 

You could try Mumsnet, according to Big M they are big on Hoovering and Hinching on there. 

I doubt it, they don't use them on a workbench.:wink:

8 hours ago, Stan said:

I doubt it, they don't use them on a workbench.:wink:

And there I thought carpets were more your thing

@ZenArcade

Maybe you should do a bit more research into vintage and anniversary edition Stone Island before you mock

2019-09-13_03-47-42

Amongst others I have an original SI Shadow Project stealth jacket and a 30th Anni Mussola Gommata coat.

48725109972_1bd67e6d87_b.jpg

got to be worth at least another tenner with the receipts and tags and whilst maybe not really “rare” I’ve never met or seen anybody else wearing either.

:whistle:

Edited by BondandBigM
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

@ZenArcade

Maybe you should do a bit more research into vintage and anniversary edition Stone Island before you mock

2019-09-13_03-47-42

Amongst others I have an original SI Shadow Project stealth jacket and a 30th Anni Mussola Gommata coat.

got to be worth at least another tenner with the receipts and tags.

labels for less

• Haha 1

You got it wrong Bond, I service vacuum cleaners at cost for family and friends. I am now retired and free to do what I like.:biggrin:

Numatic vacuum cleaners are ideal for cleaning poorly maintained (and designed) vacuum cleaners.

If you need any tips...……………………….

Try YouTube.

:laugh::laugh:

2 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

@ZenArcade

2019-09-13_03-47-42

got to be worth at least another tenner with the receipts and tags and whilst maybe not really “rare” I’ve never met or seen anybody else wearing either.

:laugh: I need to dig out my old Stone Island stuff!  I am sure I am going to get 2 grand or is that like those usual over inflated ebay prices that never get sold for?

Back to the topics . . . .

--  If I were going to spend £14k on a watch, no Rolex would appear in the shortlist of fifty. Just personal preference  --  luckily, we are all different.

--  If we think that one newby posting fifty times in twenty four hours (in a forum which tends to get about 200 posts per day) is other than just an enthusiastic entrance :tongue:, the answer is simple. Ask Roy to make access to the classifieds dependent upon fifty posts and three months membership (as is the case with other (darker) forums).

• Like 3

3 hours ago, yokel said:

If we think that one newby posting fifty times in twenty four hours (in a forum which tends to get about 200 posts per day) is other than just an enthusiastic entrance :tongue:, the answer is simple. Ask Roy to make access to the classifieds dependent upon fifty posts and three months membership (as is the case with other (darker) forums).

Doubt if we need more/new rules on this as the mods can no doubt delay access if they feel that a member has been speed posting. With the classifieds section, I would tend to still look at the buyer/seller much as I would look at the feedback scores on the bay. I would feel more confident buying from a member who has been around for a while and takes an active part in threads rather than someone who has only been around for a short time. I'm sure that members would soon raise concerns if they felt someone had only joined to take advantage of any `mates rates' offers.

• Like 1

I struggle to think of any reason why people think the small ad’s of the forum hold pots of unclaimed gold I believe they may be seriously disappointed..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1