• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
mitadoc

No Rolex Hulk in AD? Welcome to Brighton then...Grey dealer kicks in!

Not sure what to say - being angry or surprised to see this today. Just published by the local grey dealer in Brighton.

14k for BNIB Hulk - having 8 of them ! 

69935909_674548273030328_497979082050581

20 minutes ago, mitadoc said:

Not sure what to say - being angry or surprised to see this today. Just published by the local grey dealer in Brighton.

69935909_674548273030328_497979082050581

If there are enough people willing to pay twice the RRP for a watch then its just the way of the world.... Given what you can actually buy from other brands for £14K , why anyone would buy one completely escapes me , personally I would tend to want a £14K watch if I was going to spend £14k ... but it takes all sorts... and it is a chefs watch .... and they can earn a decent wack in Metropolis so maybe they don't care about the extra grey market premium !?!?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Solar Pilgrim said:

Despite everything, you have to agree that those are pretty sweet and it would be neat to have one.

Mate, the whole first page is full of you and your posts. What are you hoping to find?

1 hour ago, Solar Pilgrim said:

Despite everything, you have to agree that those are pretty sweet and it would be neat to have one.

I think they look like the watches kids win in the arcade crane machine so no.... It would not be "neat" for me to have one. Because they are not worth £14K and they are very green and I don't like green ..... so despite everything ..... Naaaaaaaa

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Solar Pilgrim said:

Gold watches

And there you have it - the golden ticket to golden watches. 

Are you a dealer?

Edited by it'salivejim

10 hours ago, mitadoc said:

Not sure what to say - being angry or surprised to see this today.

I don't have any feelings towards Rolex in general, good or bad, but it amazes me that anyone would spend £14k on any watch, regardless of the brand.  If I was going to splash out 14 grand, it would be on a nice low mileage used Porsche Boxter or Cayman, and I'm pretty sure that would give me a lot more enjoyment (and probably cost less to service :laughing2dw:), but each to his own I guess :tongue:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Solar Pilgrim said:

Being subject to inquisition on a watch forum. 

Mate, you posted 52 times in 24 hours. Now in fairness, you didn't just say "Nice watch", "Cool", etc. but it's still pretty obvious you were making a run to 50 to access the Classifieds. I'm naturally suspicious so we'll see how it plays out. 

Welcome to the forum :tongue:

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, it'salivejim said:

I'm naturally suspicious so we'll see how it plays out. 

I am glad we have first-line-defenders on here like you .... kind of like a military perimeter trip alarm. :thumbsup:

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Richard734 said:

As someone that has just done his 50 with, hopefully, meaningful posts, over a few weeks, I do find the spamming in 24hrs slightly offensive :yes:

Well, your superior stature as a slow poster gives you the moral high ground to be offended about such important matters as these. I hope to one day ascend to your level of ethical reasoning and draw offence from the malevolence that I assume from digital strangers who are too interested in watches on watch forums. I apologise for any emotional distress that I have caused. :biggrin:

Edited by Solar Pilgrim
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, it'salivejim said:

Mate, you posted 52 times in 24 hours. Now in fairness, you didn't just say "Nice watch", "Cool", etc. but it's still pretty obvious you were making a run to 50 to access the Classifieds. I'm naturally suspicious so we'll see how it plays out. 

Welcome to the forum :tongue:

Still played by the book! 50 posts is 50 posts so fair play to him. Unless we starting to play the unwritten rule game now? Where will this madness end?

Maybe Roy only allows new members to post once a day but only on a Sunday between 12-4pm? This way we can really weed out the riff raff!:bash:

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Solar Pilgrim said:

I hope to one day ascend to your level of ethical reasoning 

May be if you slow down your posting and start to analyse things a bit more , you won't make the mistake of thinking a tray of genuine Rolex Green Submariners being sold by a well known US retailer are fakes from Hong Kong ... Rookie error I guess .... :to_become_senile:

3 minutes ago, Craftycockney said:

Still played by the book! 50 posts is 50 posts so fair play to him. Unless we starting to play the unwritten rule game now? Where will this madness end?

Maybe Roy only allows new members to post once a day but only on a Sunday between 12-4pm? This way we can really weed out the riff raff!:bash:

Some kind of time limit would be useful,  e.g. 50 posts and 1 month to view Classifieds, and 150 and 3 months to advertise.

That would sort out the riff raff nicely :)

5 minutes ago, Craftycockney said:

Maybe Roy only allows new members to post once a day but only on a Sunday between 12-4pm? This way we can really weed out the riff raff!

But... I still got in, so that clearly doesn't work... :laughing2dw:

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Davey P said:

But... I still got in, so that clearly doesn't work... :laughing2dw:

Forbearance is rarely denied to charitable cases, Dave.

:tongue:

:thumbsup:

• Haha 1

Just now, Karrusel said:

Forbearance is rarely denied to charitable cases, Dave.

I'm not even sure what that means, but I'm going to say... er... thanks? :laughing2dw:

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, it'salivejim said:

Some kind of time limit would be useful,  e.g. 50 posts and 1 month to view Classifieds, and 150 and 3 months to advertise.

That would sort out the riff raff nicely :)

If it makes you feel any better, despite having the 50 posts, I still don’t have access to the classifieds. Are the classifieds that good here that they are so bravely defended? You guys must be giving things away for free! 

15 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

May be if you slow down your posting and start to analyse things a bit more , you won't make the mistake of thinking a tray of genuine Rolex Green Submariners being sold by a well known US retailer are fakes from Hong Kong ... Rookie error I guess .... :to_become_senile:

It was a joke. The only rookie error was assuming that you guys had a sense of humour. 

Man, I am starting to feel really bad about what I’ve done here. I think I will join a Mongolian basketweaving forum instead; my lack of interest in the subject should guarantee a more socially acceptable post count. 

But first... what do I get for 100 posts? :robot:

4 minutes ago, Solar Pilgrim said:

The only rookie error was assuming that you guys had a sense of humour. 

So you are saying you are the only one here with a sense of humour !? If so then stick around ..... it would be great for the humourless to gain some incite in how to be so entertaining ... This forum just keeps on giving ...:character0275:

• Haha 1