• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Cassie-O

WRUW for Taz 12.09.19

35 minutes ago, Brava210 said:

Got this all because of Cassie O

I got this one, and it was nothing to do with @Cassie-O at all:

20190529_142804

:tongue:

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, jsud2002 said:

IMG_20190912_082954.thumb.jpg.8a5a2a4e8bf0359b5f2cd19e9e0780e3.jpg

Nice diver, never have seen that brand. Reminds me of seiko with the crown at 4 o'clock. Always see something new on here:thumbs_up:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Morning,

Prompted by yesterday’s effort, today it’ll be the turn of this 1950s Oberon from Erwin Rudolf’s now largely forgotten Oberon Watch Co. It has absolutely no connection to the modern day “Oberon” brand and came as something of a cosmetic and mechanical basket-case. Instead of using their own Oberon calibre, this one runs on a similarly obscure 17j Brac 903, unfortunately absent from the usual archives although it is referenced in Bestfit.

Here I must mention Honour’s “Oberon Watch Company” Topic of 11th October 2016 and to thank him for his admirable research. I can only add that whilst the movement of the 17j example he shows is signed as Oberon Watch Co, it is actually an EB (Bettlach) 1553/1554, rather than Oberon’s one and only in-house calibre which came in 17 and 21 jewel versions. The two digital watches he shows are equally likely to have EB movements, probably something like the 8807 or 8817.

So, Oberon, an interesting little company and one who, probably on the grounds of cost, initially used their own solitary movement before sourcing from other, more established, makers.  

Regards.

Oberon before v.2.jpg

Oberon after v.2.jpg

Oberon Brac 903 after v.2.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Lunch in London with an old and sophisticated friend today . . . .

MG Benu Index

O70RAni.jpg

vLToj8Y.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

66 Skyliner, still running off tuesdays wind. And telling correct time. Supporting sellers claims its been stripped serviced and regulated to to an "accuracy of 10 seconds variation per 24 hr period". "Lubricated using Moebius and Seiko oils and regulated in 2 positions dial up and crown down. ba23173af08fdbba8b4e8b69fc58880c.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

that's a nice looking watch @Balaton1109 ..... great job with the poly-watch .... or is it a new crystal ? ..... will have to find @Always"watching" 's article on oberon watches ..... always a good read there ...

4 hours ago, Balaton1109 said:

Morning,

Prompted by yesterday’s effort, today it’ll be the turn of this 1950s Oberon from Erwin Rudolf’s now largely forgotten Oberon Watch Co. It has absolutely no connection to the modern day “Oberon” brand and came as something of a cosmetic and mechanical basket-case. Instead of using their own Oberon calibre, this one runs on a similarly obscure 17j Brac 903, unfortunately absent from the usual archives although it is referenced in Bestfit.

Here I must mention Honour’s “Oberon Watch Company” Topic of 11th October 2016 and to thank him for his admirable research. I can only add that whilst the movement of the 17j example he shows is signed as Oberon Watch Co, it is actually an EB (Bettlach) 1553/1554, rather than Oberon’s one and only in-house calibre which came in 17 and 21 jewel versions. The two digital watches he shows are equally likely to have EB movements, probably something like the 8807 or 8817.

So, Oberon, an interesting little company and one who, probably on the grounds of cost, initially used their own solitary movement before sourcing from other, more established, makers.  

Regards.

Oberon before v.2.jpg

Oberon after v.2.jpg

Oberon Brac 903 after v.2.jpg

this today for me .... "TARA" (all sport) .... EB 8800 17j movement ....

IMG_20190310_102318IMG_20190326_092225

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1