• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
JoT

Subliminal or Active Choice?

Do you have a watch or watches that you subliminally choose to wear and do you have a watch you actively have to make an effort to wear?

For me the subliminal is probably the X-33 (2nd Gen) and the one I have to make an active effort to wear is the Sea Dweller. It's not that I don't like the Sea Dweller, I do, a lot! It is just that I have to "think" about wearing it!

large.P2090357.JPG.1200be2800cf21389961c0810c0367d4.JPG 

large.DSC00202.JPG.96083811ceaba6cfd8bb19561adfbf19.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JoT said:

Do you have a watch or watches that you subliminally choose to wear and do you have a watch you actively have to make an effort to wear?

No.

:laugh:

Anything I had to force myself to wear has long since gone to a better home :biggrin:.   I'll put my Pulsar beater on for gardening or DIY...just in case...but that very much a conscious decision...unless I've had a drinkie or two...in which case it's more likely to be unconscious :laughing2dw:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bonzodog said:

I have to make an point of wearing this one,don’t know why it’s not one I wear often.

1A5A9EA0-2930-4C8F-A911-6EB769D2C4FD.jpeg

Have you ever compared that side by side with the Auto version ?

2 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Have you ever compared that side by side with the Auto version ?

No I haven’t.

Just now, Bonzodog said:

No I haven’t.

I reckon if you still have malaise with that Colt , you need to consider flipping it and get the Auto version ....

DSCF4834.JPG

• Like 1

I go through phases, sometimes I wear something different every day, sometimes I get stuck in the same watch. It's been this for the past couple of weeks.

large.15668987133867060155023776723316.jpg.48f9a3510fce254c00d22d76b8bd1acb.jpg

• Like 2

I nearly every day wear my Oysterquartz 17000.....timeless design and keeps the time :-)  

I do have other watches, of those I wear my Tissot Seastar 1000 automatic diver during vacation, the rest I look at from time to time but do not wear....

13 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

I reckon if you still have malaise with that Colt , you need to consider flipping it and get the Auto version ....

DSCF4834.JPG

It’s much improved after fitting a rubber strap ,as you suggested.I like it it’s just somthing about it and I don’t know what.

32 minutes ago, Bonzodog said:

It’s much improved after fitting a rubber strap ,as you suggested.I like it it’s just somthing about it and I don’t know what.

It could be the printed numerals I am willing to wager....... Its why i went Auto.......

• Like 1

Sadly, these days, I really have to make an effort to wear any watch in my now meagre collection...though if I had an X-33 I might wear it as a 1st choice as it used to be a 'grail' watch. The last time I actually wore a watch was August 6th...the day of my late M-I-L's funeral when I wore my yellow Seiko 7T32-7F70...to match the yellow outfits we were all wearing. Everything else remains safely out of sight in their hiding place, except my eco drives on an east facing back bedroom window cill.

i just wear the one i like best at the time and the rest stay in the box, though recently ive not owned the same watches for more than a month. So its been change all the time. Im feeling the seiko skyliner may be on my wrist now and thats it...until i get a liner or marvel of gs....

I pick a different watch every day, normally to go with my shirt / cufflinks, on a Tuesday one of my Russian Speedies lol, just to annoy people, and at the weekend an activity watch - there is a watch I rarely wear, it is very plain - I like it functionally and stylistically but I would only wear it if I needed a watch to tell the time.  Ummm....  maybe if the date wheel was black I would wear it more?

No photo description available.

Because this does essentially the same job, but I wear it all the time ...

IMG_20190913_195847273(1).thumb.jpg.348b4918e600f2cf39ecaf88c689b581.jpg

No photo description available.

Edited by Jet Jetski

yes, as I work from home the occasions to change are not much until the weekend ,so during the past week this has stayed on my wrist ( don't remove to sleep) but it could have been any other of the two quartz I have the CW is another automatic pick

Gci0pKP.jpg

because I find myself with a good quality selection to pick from on the occasions I like / can wear a nice watch his is a struggle to wear/pick out,

MI2lfz7.jpg

deano

4 hours ago, Rotundus said:

if it was subliminal … how would you know ?

I didn't know .... at the time! :laugh:

• Haha 1

I try to work through the lot usually until i hit the 

large.4C83F194-B42C-4690-93AD-4995F4A0316C.jpeg.84c270ea4bdcd7675a28a8dda2a95fba.jpeg

And then it stays on for weeks 

is that subliminal ?

i also wear this

large.594EB277-0566-46B0-A712-E2D6EAD95E35.jpeg.3e9c641e35482725a7837b8e1337c41d.jpeg

Is that sub-bling-inal ?

• Haha 1