• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Foxdog

Rugby World Cup

Well its up and running, with results going the way I expected Japan and the aussies both winning though admittedly after stuttering starts. The French ahead at half time and the big game of the day to come in a while, NZ v SA that should be a special game to watch for the neutrals I can see it being a bruising affair! but think SA will have to be at their very best to come away winners even though they are 2nd favourites with the bookies.

Edited by Foxdog

Still watching the OZ / Fuji Game and had to avoid reading your spoilers lol.

I don't get up at 5 in the morning hahahah

4 hours ago, BobJ said:

Congratulations Japan on reaching the 1/4 finals. Best game of the tournament by far.

Yes great game, four wins and top of their group.

A rugby mate of mine thought the Scots were unlucky, I thought the Japanese had them well beaten.

Stats are telling, the Scots made 199 tackles against Japan's 148, Territory 45% Scotland 55% Japan and that despite the Scots 73% Territory in the last 10 minutes. Carries over the gain line 63 Japan  38 Scotland, Rucks Won 114 Japan 87 Scotland

A wake up call for South Africa I suspect although I can't see Japan bettering the Boks in this RWC

New Zealand v England - hard to call this game, both teams have played well within themselves so far, England's defence probably has the edge over NZ's and NZ attack over England's

On 25/10/2019 at 21:00, JoT said:

New Zealand v England - hard to call this game, both teams have played well within themselves so far, England's defence probably has the edge over NZ's and NZ attack over England's

What a game NZ v ENG was - I was lucky enough to watch England beat NZ in 2012 but the performance yesterday was better. England were dominant in possession, territory, turnovers, rucks, mauls, carries, set pieces, discipline - a complete performance. Fear was etched on the All Blacks faces in the second half, quite remarkable.

As for today's game - what a bore-fest! The statistics are interesting, Wales had dominance in territory, possession, set pieces, rucks, mauls and only had to make 74 tackles yet couldn't find a way to convert this dominance into points.

It will be interesting to see what the England strategists come up with.

Well I watched the final on Saturday & there's not really much to say apart from that I'll take some solace from having watched England absolutely muller the All Blacks the week before :notworthy: I dearly wish they could have played to the same level in the final but the better team really did win.

Hard to say but congratulations & well done to South Africa deserving winners/champions I think

Many commiserations to England, I think they're a fantastic team & have played some great games but, sad to say, it just wasn't to be :( See you in 4 years time :clap:

Edited by pauluspaolo