• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

The New Omega 007 300m Diver

Tazmo61

1 hour ago, Chris 810 said:

Keep flogging the bond connection, the space connection, the 1957 connection, and any other connection the marketing dept can come up with, or you could just innovate and come up with something new, no? Thought not 

Lots of Olympic models as well for sad people like me. :clap:

large.omega-2010-olympics-thumb-660x880-22212.jpg.356a98df5a14a7de1553a5aaaa66d131.jpg

• Like 3

It looks dreadfully tacky to me. 

If any brand can claim a legitimate association, it would be Rolex with the Explorer that he did actually wear in the novels.  For Omega to claim an association is just wrong.  However, according to commanderbond.net:  In correspondence dated June 5, 1958, Ian Fleming responded to a fan by the name of B. W. Goodden, stating that the practice of James Bond, “in fact, is to use fairly cheap, expendable wrist watches on expanding metal bracelets…”

Interesting (segmented) chapter ring, but otherwise it screams that it wants to be reminiscent of the Connery Bond (gilt 6538). But this one celebrates the first in the EON series that Connery wasn't in. Irony piled thick as too-much icing on a cupcake. 

They should just stick with a design with OO7 on the second hand, reading LOO for half of every second (as someone said elsewhere). 

9 hours ago, Francis Urquhart said:

If any brand can claim a legitimate association, it would be Rolex with the Explorer that he did actually wear in the novels.  For Omega to claim an association is just wrong.  However, according to commanderbond.netIn correspondence dated June 5, 1958, Ian Fleming responded to a fan by the name of B. W. Goodden, stating that the practice of James Bond, “in fact, is to use fairly cheap, expendable wrist watches on expanding metal bracelets…”

Rolex won't appear in any Bond films any more imo..... Omega's tie in is just too lucrative for both parties. The lines in the recent film on the train : "Nice watch, Rolex ?" , "Omega" was talked about in marketing circles as possibly one of the most successful product placements in any film ever.  Omega pay an absolute fortune to have their watches in the movies and gain an even bigger absolute fortune in revenues from the exposure ( Obvious point I guess , the entire point of P.P. ).  The sad example of a watch in the OP here is a case of Omega trying to over exploit their licensed agreement with the Film Brand and just make them look a bit greedy and cheap for me. 

• Like 1

I like the dial and colours on this model. The only thing that has stopped me wanting the Bond models is that I'd want to collect them all and personally I'm just not drawn to any watch models associated with any fictional characters, movies or football teams.

Edited by Igerswis