• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Richard734

Quartz service worth it?

So I hav e had my faithful Hamilton quartz for 15+ years.

apart from looking a little tired, it runs fine etc, but I see on the Swatch/Hamilton site that a quartz service is around £60, but is it worth it? Do we nearly need to service a quartz watch?

It still has moving parts that would benefit from a clean and lubrication. Plus gaskets that will need changing. £60 seems reasonable with a new warranty as well.

My wife’s twenty plus year old Tag stopped working earlier this year,battery change failed to coax it to life.Service and battery change was £60.00 plus post both ways,worth every penny in my book.

One of mine is running that fast very soon it will be timing tomorrow.

Ordered a new battery will try that first and if that doesn't cure the problem it will be heading south for a spa treatment.  :watch:

• Haha 1

On 26/09/2019 at 13:04, Bonzodog said:

My wife’s twenty plus year old Tag stopped working earlier this year,battery change failed to coax it to life.Service and battery change was £60.00 plus post both ways,worth every penny in my book.

Last year my Formula 1 stopped and a change of battery didn't help so I took it to a local-ish watch repairer.

He put a new movement in which cost me £230.The day I picked it up, it was chucking it down so I paid and left straight away.

Later on and in hindsight I wished I'd sent it elsewhere as months later I found the date changes st 4-30am and that's on top of the movement not feeling great, not getting a proper receipt and the watch repairer being a miserable git.

I think you did well st £60

• Sad 1