• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Brava210

Everite helmsman

With a small screwdrive, unscrew the screw nearest the visible section of the threaded winding stem. Turning the screw anticlockwise, one full turn. Whilst doing so apply a slight downward pressure on the screw. Maintain the downward pressure and at the same time, gently, tug the crown away from the watch case.  If the crown isn't released, then further undo the screw. Another full turn. Don't be tempted to undo the screw many turns as the retaining lever attached to the screw may become  free of the thread and you will have to strip the watch to reattach it. Hope this helps.

Simon
Thankyou i will give it a go later

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Is it safe to clean the watch dial with something too?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Brava210 said:

Is it safe to clean the watch face with something?

I'm no expert, but I'd blow any dust off and leave anything else. Age marks are part of its charm.

• Like 1

Just an additional caution, I've had some bad experiences removing crowns from vintage watches. My latest attempt, I gave the screw a couple of turns and pulled out the crown, only to realise the end of the stem broke off and is still in the watch. 

If it's a watch you're at all attached to, I wouldn't take the risk.

• Like 1