• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
ziggy1024

Sliding bracelet clasp, but a weird one!

I have a watch here with a missing (16mm) bracelet clasp. It's not quite the same as most similar clasps, so I'm struggling to find a replacement! Anyone got anything similar in their box of bits? Or any idea on where I could find a replacement?!

The end currently fitted, where you'd usually find the 'hook' part:

c3MES1k.jpg

v3UzA26.jpg

The plain end where the 'slidey-bit' goes:

k9Ievu9.jpg

Another 'normal' slidey bit fitted in this pic, but not a lot of use with the other end:

qUh6Lac.jpg

A photo I found of a similar- looking setup:

IoAtkl9.jpg

So ideally I think I need to find a clasp like that last one, although a complete hook-type clasp with the hook using a springbar rather than being soldered to the end of the strap, would be fine too...

i think the spring bars for a clasp are hard to find.    buy new or buy parts watches.   if your watch is valuable,  buy a new band.   vin

Panic over everyone - found one!

QwmsjZ6.jpg

Thanks for the attempt to help Vin, but a different band really wouldn't have worked on this watch. I did try a few!

May have had to pay over the odds for the Zenith clasp, but it's quite satisfying to have exactly the correct part rather than just a generic one that would have done the job.