• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Is there anything more awkward than starting an introduction post on a new forum?

Anyway, my wife will listen to me no longer and so I've decided to engage in the online watch community and this forum looks great!

I currently have a modest collection of around 15 inexpensive pieces (mix of quartz and mechanical, couple sentimental fashion pieces, couple of ill-advised kickstarters :laughing2dw:, gradually improving as my knowledge does!) plus my first £1000+ watch - the Oris 65 'bico'. I'd love to add a Grand Seiko as my next big purchase, but need to stop impulse buying cheaper options in the meantime!

I've also spent a little bit of time doing some amateur tinkering/servicing - currently messing around with a soviet era Poljot and Raketa which may tick again at some stage - looking forward to checking out that section of the forum.

I'm hoping this will be a good place to discuss a mutual love of horology and watches, and also a great source of advice and inspiration! 

Cheers!