• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
wrenny1969

Daughters Christmas pressie - Tissot Bridgeport auto model T097.007.11.053.00

So I have been on the hunt for an entry'ish level automatic watch for my daughters Christmas present - she's 23 in December.

I looked at a few of my usual haunts to see what's on sale at the moment, especially sale/ decommissioned models or soon to be - as these seem to attract the largest discounts.

I checked out a few ladies seiko 5 auto's but the straps looked like they were a little on the cheap side - not surprising as they were priced at around £70. So I started to turn the price dial up slowly and found a Certina which looked lovely but wouldn't ship for 3-5 weeks which I felt might turn into longer.

Next up was a Tissot Bridgeport model number T097.007.11.053.00 which has the following specs;

Condition - new

Stainless steel, Black face - Roman numerals, date at 3 o'clock, fixed milled bezel.

Metal strap - butterfly clasp

Auto movement - ETA Caliber 2671 - hopefully this will give good service for a few years?

29mm case - 8.7mm thick - exhibition case back

Sapphire crystal

£225 - after tax and shipping and $ conversion.

Link is below if you want to see pictures - I'm hoping she likes it :) 

https://www.jomashop.com/tissot-watch-t0970071105300.html 

This will be my third watch from them this year - hopefully transaction will go without issue like the others.

• Like 3

looks very nice, im sure she will love it, and i bet youve got more enjoyment out of choosing it for her than you've ever got out of buying a watch for yourself? Well almost...she will love it mate, nice size for a lady too. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nigelp said:

looks very nice, im sure she will love it, and i bet youve got more enjoyment out of choosing it for her than you've ever got out of buying a watch for yourself? Well almost...she will love it mate, nice size for a lady too. :thumbsup:

Yes you are right to a degree - I like others on here have a slight problem with buying watches - not as bad as some but I definitely get a buzz, searching out the next one - though, as you say, some added pleasure knowing it's a gift :)  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Thats a class watch Matey....... Hey ! We are twins ! Hunting out watches for the young ladies in our tribe ..... :thumbsup:

aye, apex internet predators :biggrin: 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, rc crown ii said:

Very nice!

I love buying watches for others, i have all i need:biggrin:

Well, I like the new Omega Seamaster so go ahead and enjoy yourself, no need to thank me either.

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, wrenny1969 said:

Yes you are right to a degree - I like others on here have a slight problem with buying watches - not as bad as some but I definitely get a buzz, searching out the next one - though, as you say, some added pleasure knowing it's a gift :)  

chase is more fun than the catch :thumbsup:

• Like 1