• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
cparkinson

Newbie from Doncaster

Hello. 

I’ve been interested in mechanical watches for over a couple of decades now (having visited Switzerland and seen some of the most beautiful watches and prices - they’re pretty hard to forget). My knowledge of watches is very limited but I continue to be a quick learner. My father-in-law owns several watches and I’ve taken onboard the task of finding out about them. One of them is a Paul Buhré, another a Bucherer. I know more about the latter than the former but Google and the watch forum (TWF?) message board will no doubt be my friend. 

My ideal watch is something like a Lange and Sohne (but price dictates that won’t be happening any time soon). I quite like Mont Blanc stuff so I’m leaning toward one of them at the moment. Or a Bucherer. 

Anyway, I hope to learn lots from you whilst hopefully not annoying you with banal questions. 

Welcome, some quality watches you mention but it’s what you like no matter what price. 
good to have another tyke on board, I’m from wath originally but now in York.

• Like 1

Welcome to TWF happy0144.gif.4cd7e12ccb6a5e8cfd8013428e44b778.gif

My family lived in Doncaster for a few years in the early 60s, I don`t remember much about the place apart from that we lived on Roman Road :biggrin: 

• Like 1

On 12/10/2019 at 11:32, bridgeman said:

Welcome, some quality watches you mention but it’s what you like no matter what price. 
good to have another tyke on board, I’m from wath originally but now in York.

A fellow Wathonian! Me too. Avenue Road. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum!  The main question I need to ask as you are in Doncaster is this, have you ever been to Arkwright's?  If you ever do, give Granville my love.  Don't worry, I'm quite harmless just a little obsession with Sir David Jason. @mach 0.0013137 No need for the nurse/s, I'll self medicate! :thumbsup:

Cassie :king:

Edited by Cassie-O
  • Haha 1