• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
TIMUS Watches

An Interesting Watch Project Just Launched on Kickstarter

Hey guys, 

TIMUS Automatic is now LIVE ON KICKSTARTER.

We have a special concept whereby you can keep your memorable watches with new designs using the same existing movement, over the watch's lifetime. 

The system is simple: Purchase a watch from TIMUS and, when a new model is released in that series, you have the opportunity to send in your old model for it to be stripped back down to its bare bones and have its movement fitted into a new case with an entirely new dial, hands, and strap. 

To keep it short and avoid spamming, please have a look on the campaign!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/538143029/timus-infinite-designs-for-one-watch-movement

navyblue%20(2).webp

Doesn't work for me, the sub-dials are useless given they are incomplete, and what is the point of the outer chapter ring with its 1/5th of a second markers and no sweeping second hand! Aside from the functionality problems the design does not appeal to me one bit

4 hours ago, JoT said:

...and what is the point of the outer chapter ring with its 1/5th of a second markers and no sweeping second hand!

Apparently "The Timeverse displays the time around the circumference of the circulating particles, resembling the cosmic time in the galaxy." 

Nope, I don't know what that means either!

• Haha 2

I thought that I had seen this TIMUS campaign shown a while back on the Forum, but I may have seen it elsewhere?

I'm afraid that I am with John, @JoT and rhaythorne here. Unfortunately, the flawed design of the watch shown on this thread reminds me of certain cheap Chinese watches and doesn't give me a sense of authority or longevity. Personally, If I wore a watch to destruction then I would prefer to take my chances on what was currently available in the new and pre-owned sectors and buy something different. I certainly wouldn't risk remaining with TIMUS when I feel that the company might disappear without trace at any moment.

2 hours ago, Always"watching" said:

I thought that I had seen this TIMUS campaign shown a while back on the Forum, but I may have seen it elsewhere?

September 4th and again on the 21st were the other posts made by TIMUS watches, to advertise their Kickstarter.

• Thanks 1

Maybe I'm wrong, but if I am reading it right, these cases are apparently only good for 5 years but the movement is good for 20.  So, after 5 years your case is done and and you"re then supposed to spend 25% more for a new case.  Then, 5 years later the same again and so on until after 20 years you've bought the watch again but by then the 20 year movement is apparently worn out. Seriously?

Don't even get me started on the incomplete sub dials and chapter ring flaws...

Most of my watches are 40+ years old some double that & still in the original cases.... :watch:  

Edited by RoddyJB