• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Jet Jetski

Worst excuse you have used for 'needing' a new watch.

Convinced myself into buying a Legend Diver because is was going on holiday! To be fair it was perfect at the beach, pool or dinner table :laugh:

• Like 1

Ive just spent another grand on an old battered looking Omega SMP right because....., left the old one in my old porsche which ive just flogged to this bloke in Liverpool who cant see an old omega in the glove box, "someone must have been in your old 928 and nicked it while it was out on the forecourt son". If anyone comes across this car with an omega in it somewhere its still mine.

Image result for porsche 928 s2 the watch forum

11 minutes ago, relaxer7 said:

Convinced myself into buying a Legend Diver because is was going on holiday! To be fair it was perfect at the beach, pool or dinner table :laugh:

mine wore that big i could have used it as a pool or dinner table, it used to catch things on those lugs too. 

like passing motorbikes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Marcin said:

I deserve it. Other people spend hundreds of pounds a year on cigarettes, designer clothes, clubbing. I don't:) 

Too true, I hardly even buy a beer these days.

( Not an excuse but a rebuttal) 

Wife: You don't need two watches.

Me: Why do you bother buying a bra?

Silence...

And now I have two dozens. he he he.

:laugh:

• Haha 1

I bought a new watch for work after scratching the bracelet on my Tag F1 Chronograph by 'desk surfing.' 

It was a very noticeable scratch which polished out nicely but it gave me the excuse to park the Tag for days off. 

So in the summer I ordered the Tissot Seastar powermatic 80. Midnight blue dial on a black strap so no concerns about scratches. 

Now I fancied another work watch to wear in rotation with the Tissot and with a bracelet but at a much lower price than the Tag so I'm not so worried about scratches.

Seiko SRPD61K1 on order from Germany. Lovely green dial similar to the Rolex Hulk. It's the new 5 sports range but this particular colour is not available in the UK. 

• Thanks 1