• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Jet Jetski

Worst excuse you have used for 'needing' a new watch.

Bought a wooden display case for my Russians, that matches my bookcase, on clearance, but they only have the 8 grid (not the 6 grid).  So now I have to buy another watch, and probably get to keep my Raketa too!

What's your worst 'excuse' - not that we generally need one :whistle:

Edited by Jet Jetski
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

What's your worst 'excuse'

I need it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As the sage @Karrusel predicted about twenty months ago, I keep having to think up excuses to buy another watch box.

The watches seem to arrive without bothering with an excuse :blush:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

they are only little things, dont take up much room just get as many as you like who cares. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, yokel said:

As the sage @Karrusel predicted about twenty months ago, I keep having to think up excuses to buy another watch box.

The watches seem to arrive without bothering with an excuse :blush:

With watches, like mountain and motor bikes before them I've always used the wearing down method with my missus, till in the end it'd be stupid not to by whatever it is.

It could take months but I have to admit hiding some watch purchases till the inevitable happens

• Haha 3

collecting cars is much more challenging when it comes to hiding them. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nigelp said:

needing to tell the time 

wth? :laughing2dw:

57 minutes ago, yokel said:

excuses to buy another watch box

yeah I am going to have a spare 6 grid display case now (the aluminium one that didn't really match my bookcase ...)

this may not end well ...

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Bonzodog said:

I want it.

21 minutes ago, Davey P said:

This ^ is the correct answer :laughing2dw:

Is the only answer :thumbsup: and if you've got the bottle to tell your other half, well done:laugh:

2 minutes ago, Turpinr said:

your other half

Funnily enough my latest bout of watch collectingitis started about a year ago, when I was looking for something to celebrate being single for a year.  I kind of resented having bought her a diamond studded Bulova not long before we split, so I thought I deserved one too.  Which turned into one two.  Three.  Thirty something. :laugh:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Turpinr said:

Is the only answer :thumbsup: and if you've got the bottle to tell your other half, well done:laugh:

My wife and I both have our own fun money,no explanation is required what it’s spent on.

• Thanks 1

Honey, you will never believe it, I was walking past the shop minding my own business.... when I tripped and fell and this watch got stuck on my wrist, and, and, and, the shop said it was used now so I had to buy it or they would call the police! Honest, it’s true!

just like when I fell over and my Willy got stuck in the vacuum cleaner.....

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Jet Jetski said:

wth? :laughing2dw:

yeah I am going to have a spare 6 grid display case now (the aluminium one that didn't really match my bookcase ...)

this may not end well ...

it could be worse just imagine having 250 shirts like @BondandBigM and then explaining to the wife where you left them. Or trying to get the perfume off. 

or alien lipstick 

bond aged 2

Image result for area 51 stuff.

• Haha 1

When the battery stops, I say it must not be working and I need another to make up, then get the battery replaced at a slightly later date! :king:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I deserve it. Other people spend hundreds of pounds a year on cigarettes, designer clothes, clubbing. I don't:) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1