• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Gmh212

Help Identify

46 minutes ago, Balaton1109 said:

No idea about the make of the watch, but the movement is reminiscent of a Blum & Grosjean 12.5''' like this one.

Regards.

Blum and Grosjean 12.5'''.jpg

Hi there , thank you that is more or less identical to the movement I have. Do you have any more information even where you got this image. After a google search only came up with race drivers.

26 minutes ago, Gmh212 said:

Hi there , thank you that is more or less identical to the movement I have. Do you have any more information even where you got this image. After a google search only came up with race drivers.

Found this but again no make and model but found by putting in Blum. Any more help appreciated I need a balance wheel complete or hairspring if available.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/673690794/ladies-pocket-fob-watch-swiss-geneva?gpla=1&gao=1&&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_uk_en_gb_ds-a-Jewelry-jewelry-watches-pocket_watches&utm_custom1=b2731a4f-6278-4c6f-95e0-2bab48940f3b&utm_content=go_6479444823_76032563965_380838127893_pla-318956358182_c__673690794engb&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIooXMuI6p5QIViLPtCh0dxgfqEAQYASABEgI4G_D_BwE

I regret being unable to suggest offhand where you may find what you're looking for. The "make and model" of the movement is a Blum and Grosjean 12.5''', and the only other info I can contribute is the following spec:

Dimensions: 12 1/2 ''', Functions: manual wind, without second, Escapement: cylinder escapement, Stones: 10, Shock protection: None: A / h: 18,000, Power Reserve: Unknown, Balance: brass, Production period: unknown, possibly around 1890

Identification: Hallmarked with FABRIQUE D ARTS on the dial, a Blum & Grosjean registered trademark in 1883. According to Pritchard, the company has produced its own works of 10 to 14 '''diameter, Remarks: Clutch lift with lever.

It may be a question of using a complete donor movement, along the lines of that which you have found.  I've experienced difficulties in sourcing "parts only" for one of my own watches, and am resigned to finding a complete donor movement which also isn't easy. 

Regards.

16 hours ago, Balaton1109 said:

No idea about the make of the watch, but the movement is reminiscent of a Blum & Grosjean 12.5''' like this one.

Regards.

Blum and Grosjean 12.5'''.jpg

That might have helped me also, Blum & Grosjean is not a name I have heard before when trying to get to the bottom of this movement...

swT0Fgxu1rmZsvzoZUmzq0A9ekK3PGRfXk7FWosj