• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
yokel

Ladies' Taste in Men's Watches

Courtesy of Montredo.

All seems as I would expect, except for the positioning of the Reverso (perhaps it's too effete).

0H0G0KU.jpg

Montredo

Edited by yokel

My wife wears a man's Reverso.

14 minutes ago, yokel said:

except for the positioning of the Reverso (perhaps it's too effete).

11 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

My wife wears a man's Reverso.

Quod erat demonstrandum

(This article is on (German, I think) ladies' views on the watches men wear when on a date)

Edited by yokel

26 minutes ago, yokel said:

Courtesy of Montredo.

whos she?

looks like a marketing exercise done by a man to be sent to women in order to get them to buy what they want them to this crimbo hence none of the blokes want a reverso because it looks like a womans watch weird that not that many want the sub or speedy either and would rather have a longines...goes with on here really doesnt it?...

15 minutes ago, yokel said:

Quod erat demonstrandum

"thus it has been demonstrated".

It would be most interesting to see which cross section of society were polled for this article. 

A few years ago "Wag's" were buying 36mm Explorers. I was in Laing's in Glasgow when one (would be ?) asked for an Explorer, by name, and the look of total disappointment on her face when it was produced was hilarious. High deflection on the Shallow Meter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

whos she?

By the look of that survey, someone related to the CEO of Nomos.

So basically top of the list is a watch Nomos tried to knacker Stowa over?

Please Nomos, just stop with the nauseating guff, your fooling nobody.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ZenArcade said:

By the look of that survey, someone related to the CEO of Nomos.

So basically top of the list is a watch Nomos tried to knacker Stowa over?

Please Nomos, just stop with the nauseating guff, your fooling nobody.

my thoughts too marketing clap trap ready for husbands at christmas who by the look of it are not going to get the watch they would really like. 

22 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

"thus it has been demonstrated".

It would be most interesting to see which cross section of society were polled for this article. 

A few years ago "Wag's" were buying 36mm Explorers. I was in Laing's in Glasgow when one (would be ?) asked for an Explorer, by name, and the look of total disappointment on her face when it was produced was hilarious. High deflection on the Shallow Meter.

Were the WAGs buying for themselves, or their fellows?

And, to @Nigelp's point, with nice "shirt and tie" watches at the top, and clunky watches lower down, I very much doubt this was set up by fellows. I'm a member of Uhrforum.de, and can testify that they are just as besotted with divers as the denizens of UK forums.

• Like 1

With the exception of the Datejust I would put all of those watches in the dislike half if I was considering one for myself.

If my partner was buying  or wearing them I would have the Submariner in the like half and perhaps the Navitimer

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

@yokel if its not an advert why are they all swiss or possibly german?

Survey conducted in Germany.

Just now, yokel said:

Survey conducted in Germany.

dont they like Japanese watches at all?

sorry i'll add not a single seiko not even a GS in a German Survey....:biggrin:

Would be interesting to see the demographic of the ladies surveyed here. And how many were surveyed. 

It surprises me that many would actually know these exact models 

30 minutes ago, Yanto said:

Would be interesting to see the demographic of the ladies surveyed here. And how many were surveyed. 

It surprises me that many would actually know these exact models 

If you'd read the article (by following the link), you would know the answers to at least some of the questions, Nigel.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, yokel said:

Were the WAGs buying for themselves, or their fellows?

For themselves, 36mm Explorers also became very much in demand with Japanese female fashionistas around the same time. 

9373108547229a88827baa277a8d252f.jpg

Must admit though, looks way much better on this wrist than it does on mine.

Edited by WRENCH

5 minutes ago, yokel said:

If you'd read the article (by following the link), you would know the answers to at least some of the questions, Nigel.

i'll have a look and get back to you then. 

52 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

my thoughts too marketing clap trap ready for husbands at christmas who by the look of it are not going to get the watch they would really like. 

Yep, I mean Nomos top of the list Junghans third.  I doubt most men never mind women have even heard of either.  And of all the Nomos watches not the larger cased Zurich but a 35mm Bauhaus knock off watch.  Methinks someone is looking to shift some stock from the store rooms.

Both above Rolex, Omega, Breitling and Tag :laughing2dw:

Keep dreaming.

As for the Christmas present can you imagine it?

”Well dear, you know you have been asking me for a Rolex or one of those Omega diver thingies or one of those big weird looking Breitling watches with all the sub dials nobody used and the thing around the edge nobody understands?”

(rolls eyes)

”You mean a Navitimer?”

”Yeah that’s it (rolls eyes and half listens)

”Well I got you this”

(Hands over present to excited chubby middle aged paws of husband who excitedly unwraps Christmas gift dreaming of showing off to his mates down the pub and in his sole destroying office job he hates)

Wrapping paper off and there is a Junghans max bill, Nomos or a Reverso.

Tears of disappointment mixed with guilt fill up as he thanks her then slumps off to the kitchen for a drink thinking “Christ, it’s only half ten”

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, ZenArcade said:

Wrapping paper off and there is a Junghans max bill, Nomos or a Reverso.

Tears of disappointment mixed with guilt fill up as he thanks her then slumps off to the kitchen for a drink thinking “Christ, it’s only half ten”

lol yeh im going to have a read and see if i can weigh it up, ill bill the op for my time if its wasted. :laugh:

its Sunday raining and im bored. So might as well give it a shot 

then next year when she say what do you want for christmas, he says just a few pairs of socks dear. 

1 minute ago, Nigelp said:

lol yeh im going to have a read and see if i can weigh it up, ill bill the op for my time if its wasted. :laugh:

its Sunday raining and im bored. So might as well give it a shot 

Good lord  --  I didn't realise reading was such an effort :wicked:

• Haha 2

nomos lol and no grand seiko 

Just now, yokel said:

Good lord  --  I didn't realise reading was such an effort :wicked:

i'll give it a go give me a few minutes 

:yes:

gosh it looks dry

12 minutes ago, yokel said:

Think actually it was me that missed your link rather than Nigel. Had a read and it would appear that the models used were preselected by the magazine rather than by those ladies (only 100), surveyed. Explains a lot. Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i think i know now why i didnt understand the choices, it seems they are from a womens perspective how on earth are we supposed to understand that? Im still reading....

i get it, if i want to pull a german bird i wear a Junghans Max Bill 

still reading....

funny

There is a certain appeal with Rolex for men that does not translate for every woman. 

thats @BondandBigM stuffed then as far as german birds go. 

bond you are to flashy mate

Rolex timepieces can be perceived as too flashy 

Regarding consent for dates

were on dodgy ground now 

is that what men who wear Panerai are like?

isnt it just another take a pop at a submariner job?

The Rolex Submariner is perhaps the most famous dive watch there is. In this poll, one would expect a higher placement for this timeless classic or at the very least, it would gain mostly approval from the ladies. To the contrary of our belief, only 53% of our respondents like this iconic timepiece and just as many participants wish that their friend or date would wear the watch to a get-together. That is enough for a middle placement in our ranking, just ahead of another great classic in the world of watches.

im being cynical now sorry did you say this was a German survey? :laugh:

The Speedmaster Professional does significantly better than the Rolex Submariner in the question whether you would like to see the watch on the wrist of a date: with 60% consent, it ranks higher in approval for dates than it does regarding the design appeal.

but they still prefer a mans nomos...

Just now, Jet Jetski said:

They are buying watches that will not make their partners too attractive to other women, obvs.

very true thanks i needed helping out there. 

they should be ok with area 51 @BondandBigM rolex or no rolex then eh?

Image result for mork and mindy

any how back to reading...