• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
levon2807

Grand Seiko SBGA405 Godzilla

13 hours ago, levon2807 said:

There's something about this one that keeps me coming back to it...only problem is I'd have to sell a kid to afford it! 

You could also have more kids but with only 650 of these being made you may never have another chance to own one. :laughing2dw:

It is indeed a nice looking watch, at first glance i wondered wheres the Godzilla connection, then the write up explains it.

Wow, that looks awesome, what a fantastic looking watch... until you turn it over and look on the back (what were they thinking?).  Jesus, for $12.5k I'd expect a bit more class, that Godzilla looks like it was drawn by a 5 year old.  Have I missed something?  Needless to say, I doubt they will have any trouble shifting all 650 of those bad boys, even with the hideous display back artwork.

3 hours ago, Davey P said:

........  that Godzilla looks like it was drawn by a 5 year old. ....... 

I know it looks nothing like godzilla!:laugh:

8 hours ago, levon2807 said:

Investment piece chaps? Are there enough Seikoholics who would just HAVE to have one when they sell out?

Very difficult to say about future values as so few come on the market. They made a couple of LE versions of the spring drive diver - one with a green dial and one with blue and I have only seen one blue dial up for sale. It was from Australia and the asking price was about 50% over the original rrp. It might be worth looking on chrono24 to see what offer prices are like for other models.

• Like 1