• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
bridgeman

Sales corner

Has anyone else noticed a serious amount of post bumping to the top of the pile over the las few weeks?

annoying.

• Like 1

yes and no, may be a slow down in watch sales overall? , if I was selling I think I would keep reminding people till its sold,

although it is kinda self perpetuating , ,more people bump the quicker your sale ad goes down & out of sight.

deano

I haven't noticed any post bumping in the sales corner, but then again I'm not in the market for anything new at the moment anyway, so maybe I just haven't been looking... :whistle:

Personally, I think if a watch doesn't sell on here in the first week or 2 of advertising, you might as well pull the plug on it and switch to ebay.

• Like 3

I don’t think it’s bumping their is a issue with if some one comment it’s bumps up instead off notifying the seller also if a sale post runs out it bumps so their for lots and lots off sales posts push up to the top coursing the live sales post to drop into the depths it’s been like it since the beginning , massive issue that never been resolved 

19 minutes ago, Iceblue said:

also if a sale post runs out it bumps

thats the problem as Andy points out, there seem to be lots of old sales posts expired at the top, can't be right can it? They should either sink without trace or be deleted. If it was me i'd put in an auto delete mechanism in the software if a post hasnt been bumped or sold withing a months it gets deleted. If the seller still wants to sell they can relist, chances are if its not sold after a week its too much. 

And therefore if its not been bumped in that time with a reduction its not going to sell and can probably be ignored. 

• Like 2

My last two sales posts have automatically deleted themselves once I marked them sold. It's up to members to mark their adverts as sold when completed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

My last two posts have automatically deleted themselves once I marked them sold. It's up to members to mark their adverts as sold when completed.

mine too roger...thanks I get it now...you mean its the half wits not doing this then? 

Edited by Nigelp
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nigelp said:

mine too roger...thanks I get it now...you mean its the half wits not doing this then? 

Lazy buggers.

• Like 1

I rarely look at the sales section now due to seeing the same ads over and over again :thumbdown: Its boring. Why can't the sellers just pull their items if not sold as mentioned above.  Another idea may be that when an item has reached a lets say 14/21 day expiry date then it is automatically removed, just a thought.

• Thanks 1

i rarely look at the sales corner now as i find it confusing and i cant tell a new ad from one thats been there months.

• Like 1

I have to agree that something is not working properly.

I only use the Unread classification to alert me to new or changed threads on the Classified Forum, but frequently get alerted to adverts I have previously seen, and which I can discern no changes - no price reduction, obvious change to description or comments.

I used to be a regular viewer of the old forum Classified section, and that seemed to work as I would have expected.

• Like 2

Yesterday, my Seiko G757, which has been up nearly the maximum of 3 months, had auto bumped (nothing to do with me) to near the top of the first page with a remaining time showing of 1 day and 16 hours. Today (Tuesday) it's near the bottom of the second page with a remaining time of 16 hours and 17 mins left. I'm presuming it's gone that far down due to auto bumps, because I really can't see that much activity would have occurred normally. I don't know if it's timing that bumps them back to the top as they approach their due time. Anyway, I shall remove mine tomorrow if it hasn't sold as it's been there for 3 months now and obviously not going to sell.

I seem to get the same ads from many moons ago, doesn't seem to be an order to it and they seem to make up when they were submitted