UK Watch Forum banner

Help with watch, Driva Geneve

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  spinynorman 
#1 ·
Anyone heard of the Driva Geneva watch? Belonged to my dad seen better days, brown leather strap needs replacing but the watch surprisingly works after winding. Have been told would cost around £80 to service and then if I needed new glass and strap it would cost more. More of a sentimental value but I cannot find anything about this brand. I know that is says swiss made and has 'inclabloc' on the dial. plain analog face light brown

#3 ·
Thanks for that

not sure about when it was made, has the words waterprotected antimagnetic incabloc on the case back, know that incabloc first came in around 1933. Not sure whether this is a genuine model or not. Would love it repaired to its former glory. Not sure whether to spend money having it serviced and the strap and glass replaced as well as the dial cleaned, would be expensive but one of a kind I guess

Think I found one similiar on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Driva-Watch-Co-Geneve-Swiss-YXS-Gold-Tone-Watch-/352231619281

#4 ·
Not sure whether to spend money having it serviced
It really depends what you are going to do with it. You may pay more to have it serviced than the watch is worth financially, but sentimental value often makes up for that, especially if you intend to wear it. Replacing the strap needn't cost a lot, nor should replacing the glass. Just be aware that cleaning the dial is a destructive process and not often recommended, as is anything more than a light polish of the case. The 'patina' on an old watch is part of it's charm and a connection to previous owners, so it's good to preserve it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.