• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
spinynorman

How old is this?

Continuing my interest in Allaine watches, I've bought another one - I'm pretty sure, an earlier example. How much earlier is the question I'm trying to answer.

This watch has the Allaine trademark in block capitals, but without the 'A' in a shield that I think came later. It has a Felsa 1560 movement with "25 Rubis" and was "Made and cased by Swiss precision watchmakers". My thinking is this is a 50s watch, except for the block caps 'Allaine', which wasn't attached to the trademark registration till renewal in 1960. Maybe they were using the new design before the renewal, is that likely?

DSC_0909a

DSC_0910a

DSC_0916a

7 hours ago, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

That movement was made from 1955 onwards.

Same movement in my Colant, it's an excellent movement, the rotor is not great, but, it is very accurate.

Enjoy, always great to get a 'new' watch.

nChv-7r0uRnvW7LLhsPODH_WNEEBkFjJbUGIj12v

Thanks. I saw 1955 on ranfft, but wasn't sure if that was just an example. I was wondering if there are clues in the dial or case design that would tend to put it before or after 1960.

Incidentally, whenever you post pictures all I see is a broken link. Don't know why, other pics show fine.

• Like 1