• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Buzz1948UK

Watch Gang

Anyone heard of a watch club called Watch Gang. Apparently you pay a monthly fee and receive a top quality watch every month over the value to what you pay in. Sounds to good to be true for me.

48 minutes ago, Buzz1948UK said:

Anyone heard of a watch club called Watch Gang. Apparently you pay a monthly fee and receive a top quality watch every month over the value to what you pay in. Sounds to good to be true for me.

RRP

tee hee hee

Go to AliExpress and bulk buy the cheapest crap you can find. Throw in a couple of pieces that are slightly pricier but make sure your average is still under US$2 per watch. Throw a freebie to a couple of kids on Instagram to wear and tag your watches and you, too, could start your own Watch Gang.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Jonesinamillion said:

I've seen it and read a lot of social media / magazine reviews... All of which seem generally positive.

Possibly paid for by the club!

It's not a scam, but it's certainly for the less fussy. Because its quite probably a disposal vehicle for obsolete and over stock from the wholesale watch market. Not something for the vast majority of Watch collectors/enthusiasts , probably more for the sort of person that buys the 1st edition of "build the Cutty sark" weekly for £1 and then pays £4.95 for 52 weeks to end up with a disastrous and less than expected model of the ship.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Definitely not for me, as @JonnyOldBoy says you'd have to be less fussy about your watch collection, as you don't know what's coming. It's almost like building a mystery collection of watches for the sake of collecting watches rather than building a collection of watches you actually want and like.

• Like 1

Looks like a watch equivalent of a wine club or a whisky club - legit but not my idea of fun! 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JoT said:

Looks like a watch equivalent of a wine club or a whisky club - legit but not my idea of fun! 

A mate of mine is a member of a wine club.... The wine he gets is ordinary. The labels on the other hand are a class apart. He pays around £12  for a £6 bottle of wine thus I deduce the label is worth about the same as the wine.

• Haha 2