• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
chivycliff

total death of a vostock

ive had a bostock-vostock sitting in my watch box for several yeas now, and i finally got to look into it. the balance and its plate are missing, and the movement ruined, it was an automatic with date.

would anyone on here know of a direct replacement movement for these? i would think that the chinese might have something.

thanks for that, ill look into it, i couldnt find parts on cousins site for vostock parts. and i still haven't managed to identify the movement, is there a Chinese equivalent to a 2416?

13 hours ago, chivycliff said:

thanks for that, ill look into it, i couldnt find parts on cousins site for vostock parts. and i still haven't managed to identify the movement, is there a Chinese equivalent to a 2416?

Post a picture of the movement.

Steve.

al kaholik, good question, ive not really got a preference for the Chinese stuff. rather a dislike of this particular movement from this particular watch. a friend of mine bought it years back, and it never was reliable. it kicked around with him until the late 90s, by then he had taken it apart and left the bits in a tobacco tin, he sent me the tin watch included around 2004 ish,  with the comment " you like puzzles".

cleaned and put back together, i found several bits missing, the balance wheel, spring, cock and escape wheel. it sounds cruel to me, to do this to a watch, but if i were to return his favorite paper weight of a thing to him. he would rather it had a quartz movement or chinese automatic than another vostock. don't get me wrong he loves the look, but hates the mechanics and if it worked and kept time, it would be a watch again.  call it a frankenwatch, if you must, but a watch for telling the time.

by the way had another look at it today,  it is a 2416 b. notsharp, your spot on from my vague description.

Plenty of people around with accurate Vostoks. A bit of regulation may help, or you may find the new movements to just be better than they used to be 

im not calling vostoks  inaccurate. im looking to make a time piece out of a victim.  and for it to work on the original owner, it had better be either quarts, he wont take that apart. or cheep, he can strip it when it breaks and i'll just pop another cheap movement in it when he kills it. and kill it he will.

the movement in this watch is way past regulation tho. and i could fit a nice new 2416, it would have been the right and cost effective thing to do. but not in this particular instance.