• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Joyjamie

Help needed for old watch

Have found an old watch of my dads which I would like repairing/restoring.  Surprisingly it still works, have wound it and it goes.   Need new strap and possibly glass what else should I do or need to do.   not done this before and will be taking to my local watch repairers.  Thinking of the following into be done

leather strap

new glass 

clean case

dial clean

service

any help or advice what i should ask for.   Would like to restore so can be stored in a better condition but tempted to wear

I would strongly recommend a forum member @simon2. I have had servicing and repair work done on on a few pieces. His work is very good.

• Like 1

Just got back from watch repairers.  Case is not so good has holes coming in it, said a word but can’t remember per now.   Glass can be replaced dial recommended not touching,   Advise me not to wind the watch because it needs oil, basically a good service. Still deciding what to do.   Will look better with new glass.   Anyone has any ideas good leather watch strap for this