• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
gidfy

Crystal Replacement

I recently bought a Hampden 18s open face lever set pocket watch from a seller in the USA when i went to remove the front cover to pull the lever out for time setting the crystal just dropped out of the bezel i tried gluing the ( acrylic ) crystal back in but the ledge is so tiny try as i might i could not get it to seat properly and unfortunately i cracked the crystal

What im hoping for is that someone can point me in the direction of someone experienced who can supply and fit a new crystal for me if i send them the bezel as i don't think i have the expertise and ability to fit it myself i have tried searching the internet but all i can seem to find are wristwatch replacement services and ebay sellers of crystals but no replacement services offered i would be immensely grateful if someone could help me

cheers

paul

hi Simon thank you that's very kind could i ask please roughly what it would cost for a new crystal and fitting

paul

hi Simon it does indeed you are a star i would like a mineral glass crystal if possible but if that's not an option then acrylic will do do you want a pic of watch and could you send me your address so i can get it posted out to you im assuming just the bezel will be ok without the watch i have the pieces of the broken crystal too

thanks

paul

Is it an open faced pocket watch or hunter/half hunter. I will go for glass, if possible. My addresses as follows.

Essex Clock and watch Clinic

74 Mayesbrook road,

Goodmayes. Essex. IG3 9PJ

regards Simon.

hi simon yes open face 18s thanks for address will get it in post to you as soon as possible

thank you

paul

paul

hi simon i have sorted my crystal problem i happened to mention my problem to a friend and he pointed me to a watch repair shop in blackburn i took the bezel along to them and they've ordered a replacement and fitting it for me so apologies for wasting your time i have saved your website though for future reference

and thank you for all your help and advice

paul